hamilc

Where in the GCS is the path planner?
« on: December 27, 2017, 01:48:24 am »
I feel stupid but I cannot find where I can insert the path planner data, i.e. the waypoints to fly to.
Where is it, or has it been removed??

Re: Where in the GCS is the path planner?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:13:30 am »
First get "VelocityRoam" mode working.  Think of it as Attitude mode with GPS.

Everything you can imagine, including that is a "right click context menu".  Right click on the map and you will see these.

There is a thing called "magic waypoint" where it basically goes where you click on the map, but I have never used it and don't know if it is currently functional.

The thing I use is the full waypoint flight where you enter several waypoints.
Click the map, press Ctrl-A (or right click and "add waypoint").  Repeat for more waypoints.  Then bring up the waypoint editor, and at least make sure that you set speeds and altitudes (above ground) for all waypoints.  I suggest at least 4m above ground, and 3m from any horizontal obstacles especially if you save and use this path plan another day.  GPS altitude can vary a lot.  I suggest slow (walking) speed of 2 (meters per second).

You must upload the plan each time you power off/on because it is not permanently stored on aircraft.

Put PathPlanner on switch.  Insert battery.  Upload plan.  Take off in Attitude mode.  Switch to VR and test.  Switch to PP and be ready to switch back if something is not right.

hamilc

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:05:36 pm »
I found the PathPlanner inputs. I am a bit confused about the modes, conditions, and commands that are available. I have been reading the documentation but get lost. Somewhere I read about "velocity roam" and now I cannot find it.

What is "cruise control" I see it listed as an option but find no description.

On the altitude "modes" I see that there is a fixed altitude and a vario altitude. I would think that I would want to start with vari altitude, so I can raise the quad and then let it stay where it is.

I will keep reading.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 11:05:52 pm »
Some documentation from Wiki :
Cruise Control
AltitudeHold