Linux Libre Pilot
« on: July 30, 2016, 02:39:38 am »
I am currently in the process of configuring my Quadcopter with librepilot. Up until this point I have been using the software on Windows, but I have upgraded my laptop to a Linux Distribution (Ubuntu). When I tried to install the LibrePilot software using the linux commands given, I was given errors because several of the ppa links lead to 404's, which I checked in Firefox manually and they do not exist. I am unable to install Librepilot on this computer and therefore unable to configure my Quadcopter. Anyone have a solution?

hwh

Re: Linux Libre Pilot
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 06:19:22 am »
To give you a solution you'll need to give us a little information.

What version of Ubuntu are you trying to install on?
What version of LibrePilot are you trying to install and where did you download it from?
If it's not the release version what instructions are you following?
What PPAs are you talking about?

Mateusz

Re: Linux Libre Pilot
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:26:44 am »
Officially LibrePilot does not provide PPA for Ubuntu at this moment.

Released packages are provided as files at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Downloads
Just download it for your Ubuntu version and install
Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg -i Librepilot_15.09-0trusty1_amd64.deb

Otherwise follow build instructions
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Linux+-+Building+and+Packaging

For Ubuntu, one step installs prebuild binaries of osg and osgearth

make osg_install
make osgearth_install

If you have something else than Ubuntu and prebuild binaries don't match your distro, you must build OSG yourself as follow
# In top level fo cloned repository directory
echo "override GCS_EXTRA_CONF=osg osgearth copy_osg" > config
make clean
make all_osg
make all

If osg does not compile it's usually missing dependencies. Dependencies specified on Wiki are for LibrePilot itself and not OSG, since usually pre-build OSG works.

Hope that helps (be sure to checkout next branch).