mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
Revolution Mini
« on: December 08, 2015, 10:54:35 pm »
Hello, just found this one named Revolution Mini at goodluckbuy...

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/openpilot-mini-cc3d-revolution-flight-controller-stm32-32bit-processor-.html

Did you know about that?
If yes im sorry!

Re: Revolution Mini
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »
I think one of the devs was thinking about buying one of those.  It is a Revo, but in a smaller package.

I worry that it might not have Revo telemetry even though it says "preserves all the functions and interfaces of the standard one (Revo)".  Maybe it does though.  It would be sweet.

Anybody bought one and received it and can comment on telemetry and everything else about this?  :)

Brian

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:20:13 pm »
I have one in the mail.  I'll report back when it arrives.

hwh

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 12:46:35 am »
I found what looks like the same thing on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Openpilot-CC3D-Revolution-Mini-Nano-Flight-controller/331727888080 that has more details.

If it is the same one it's a revo without the oplink but with an added connector to connect an external oplink without using the main or flexi ports.  You can see the connectors on the goodluckbuy site's picture.  PWM out on the left, the PWM inputs and usb on the top, the new 7 pin oplink connector on the right, and the sonar, flexi, and main on the bottom.  I cheated and looked at the picture with labels in the eBay auction. :)

hwh

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 01:18:29 am »
Looking at that I'm not sure how that (the eBay one) would work with a standard oplink.  The new connector has 7 pins and there are 7 signals on the revo between the cpu and the rfm22b. VCC, gnd, sdo, sdi, sck, nsel, and nirq. But running them out to a connector wouldn't do any good with a standard oplink.  You'd need a custom stripped external modem with just the rfm22b and antenna connector in it.  Without custom firmware on the "revo" it wouldn't know how to talk to a standard oplink that's not on either the main or flexi port.

It'll be interesting to see just what Brian gets.

edit: found it, goodluckbuy sells an oplink with the 7 pin connector http://www.goodluckbuy.com/oplink-433mhz-mini-air-and-ground-station-telemetry-transmit-system-for-mini-cc3d-revo-flight-controller.html   They sell two different variations of the oplink, one "mini-air" with the 7 pin connector and one "mini-ground" that looks like the one we normally use.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:28:55 am by hwh »

Brian

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 03:17:48 am »
That was the conclusion that we came to as well.  You could likely use an RFM22B breakout board for the OPLink portion, or even solder directly to the module if you really want something small and light, but you're also going to need a 3.3V regulator.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 02:33:16 pm »
Order placed. Curious to test on a micro racer :)

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 05:40:36 pm »
Well damn.  A few days ago I ordered one of those oplink pairs hoping the air one was a real oplink and not just an rfm22b.

I will report when I get it.

mazevx

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 07:19:15 pm »
Im on the way to buy one but they say that it takes 10-20 days for delivery, just have to be patient again... And then maybe another week stuck in german customs...
A guy in our german forum says its well done with soldering and works good.

mazevx

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »
Just placed my order at banggood, same thing but little bit cheaper and trusted seller... Faster delivery also.
Im curious about the quality

Lintz

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 11:43:54 pm »
Just found these out on Banggood which seems to have one of the better prices right now on it.

Here is board only 41.60 USD
http://www.banggood.com/OpenPilot-Mini-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-For-FPV-Multicopter-5g-p-1018903.html

And here in a kit with OPLink mini + air + gps + OP OSD  81,49 USD
http://www.banggood.com/CC3D-Revolution-Mini-Combo-OP-Flight-Controller-OPLINK-Radio-Telemetry-GPS-OSD-Power-Distribution-Board-p-1019051.html
May the quad be with you.

hwh

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 01:37:48 am »
Brian, that is interesting, the cpu chip they say is the one from the full size revo, not the small one. And it apparently has an oplink on it.  I've always wondered why the revo nano wasn't designed with one on it.  But look at the connectors, they're five pin, not our standard four pin ones.  I wonder what the pinouts are.

Brian

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »
I'm wondering that same thing.  It looks like a pair of them is the flexi-io port, which is 10 pins on the Revo, so that makes sense, but it doesn't make sense for the other ports.  Maybe they added an extra ground?

In any case, I ordered one to see what it's like.

I'm also curious about the exact size.  I'm estimating that it's about 20x30mm, but it could be a bit bigger.  In any case, it's very small for a full Revo, especially with full 0.1" headers.

mazevx

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 11:00:40 pm »
Whats about the CPU? Did I miss something? Thought they all have same CPU and flash specs?