MikeNH

Hi,

I can't see the Revolution board in the GCS. With the help of AutoConfiguration I had GPS working well. With the help of AutoTune I got the PIDs working fairly smoothly. My next effort was to get LibrepilotToGo working so I could make adjustments while in the field flying.

My initial problem was the inability to get the Windows 10 Device Manager to display the "CopterControl Virtual Com Port" as a result of recognizing the HC-05 Bluetooth module. Because the image of the CC3D in the documentation didn't match my FC (no Telemetry Speed drop-down), I started using trial and error to get some results. That resulted in the current state:
 - (see attachment) indicating "Connected" but no data passing
 - With the quad plugged into the GCS computer, the FC LED flashes blue & yellow as it normally does.
 - On the GCS Firmware page "Upgrade & Erase" times out. All other buttons are disabled.

What can I do to get the Revolution FC to be responsive again? (And things were going so well)

Thanks in advance,
Mike

This may be where you wish you had done "File -> Export UAV..." when it was working.

You can erase settings like this:
- unplug battery and USB
- on firmware page press Rescue
- plug in board USB and wait a few seconds
- Erase button should become active, press it and follow directions
- Start over

If you know what you did to break it, then instead of pressing Erase, press Safe Boot, then go to what broke it, make a change (required) and Save.  Reboot the board.

I bet you changed something on the Hardware page fiddling with telemetry, so instead of pressing Erase go to the Hardware page (it will be all defaults), make a simple change, Save, reboot, see if it will connect now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:35:20 am by TheOtherCliff »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Maybe you set USB VCP port to telemetry, this mean you need to connect using serial Com port but GCS try connecting using HID first.

- Connect Revo board : the bottom right shows Revo board connected, but only one Tx bar.
- Click Disconnect button and wait the timeout because Revo board do not respond.
- Now click the dropdown menu where "USB: Revolution" is displayed and choose the "Serial:COMXX" (if available)
- Click the Connect button using serial COM port.
- If you get connection again: go to Hardware tab and change "USB HID function" to telemetry and Save.

Reboot GCS and board before connecting again.

Another case is a driver issue but generally related to CC3D boards.
See this Wiki page

MikeNH

TheOtherCliff and f5soh, I thank you for your prompt responses. It seems we can learn more when things go wrong then when they go as planned.

I first tried connecting GCS to the cc3d board using the serial port that was chosen from the drop-down list. That didn't change access to anything. Then, following the steps suggested below, I used the Rescue button to go into safe mode with the Safe Boot button. That gave me access to the cc3d setting through the Firmware page. Thank you. Thank you.

Another lesson learned, is to export the UAV settings frequently before making changes. In this case, had I done that, what would be learned? Would it be possible to edit the UAV file and correct the problem then import that file? How else can it be used?

Well the FC was working when you exported the settings so it would work after import...  :)

In your case if you did the Rescue / SafeBoot and then modified something on the Hardware page, then all you need to do to get your settings back is set up the hardware page the way it needs to be because all your other settings are still there after FC reboot.