mr27t

• Fly it like ya stole it!
MotionRC (HobbyEagle X6) FC
« on: October 16, 2017, 06:25:56 am »
  Has anyone ever used the HobbyEagle X6 FC from MotionRC? I got one to try while I was building my Robocat 270. I connected it all up one day last week to give it a try and all it did was sing me a song, flash pretty lights and eat up needed space. It is supposed to be a plug and play FC that is a 6 axis controller. Any info on this thing would be awesome, thanx.

If it is only junk,,, it may look real nice on this years X-mas tree.  ???

Re: MotionRC (HobbyEagle X6) FC
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:13 am »
What brand of firmware is it running?  It may just be a matter of finding out how to arm it.

mr27t

• Fly it like ya stole it!
Re: MotionRC (HobbyEagle X6) FC
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:24:13 pm »
 Instructions say nothing about firmware or arming,,, nothing! According to what I have been able to find out about it, it is supposed to be ready to go with just a few settings with an on board push of a button. Once it is turned on and self calibration is established, the blue light is steady,,, it's armed and active.
 Doesn't sound like the safest FC on the market,,, Just from a personal experience, I have a nice cut to the bone on my finger because I was out flying about with my quad. I landed, then reached down to pick it up and as I reach over it, the thing spun up and began chewing on me fingers.
 I neglected to disarm before I reached down to get it,,, Me fat belly (as I bent over) brushed the throttle up and ,,,,, all I herd was me quad saying "YUMMY FOR ME".
  I am all about safety, yet I do make the occasional mistake.
  An arming feature is a necessity at the very least!

I'm putting this thing in my junk bag and save it for later on another project!