550 hex climbing in altitude vario mode .
« on: October 16, 2017, 03:25:05 am »
Hello all.
I have just built a new f550 hex and it is flying great until i switch to altitude vairo mode and go full pitch frd to go some where .When i do it will move frd and when the frd speed gets up it will start climbing fast ,and when i let off the (pitch frd) stick it will come back down. It works fine in av when slowly hovering around.I can go full pitch frd in manual throttle mode an it does not climb.  My flight controller is a Revolution running 16.9 firmware and all settings are default .I have done all the calibrations including  thermal multiple times . I have checked the bairo in the flight controller for foam and also added some more.I run the altitude adjustments up and down one at a time and nothing helps.I took this controller off of my f450 which did not do this. And I did erase all settings in the wizard when setting up my f550.
Any one got any ideas?   
Thanks 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:46:58 am by cdavidd »

Re: 550 hex climbing in altitude vario mode .
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 07:56:00 am »
You must cover the baro chip with some open cell foam

Even then, prop blast or forward speed air (on the baro chip) can be a problem

If the board is on top, you can try making a cardboard tube chimney to cover it

One thing you can check is whether you have this problem with CruiseControl too.  If so it is not completely a baro issue.

Re: 550 hex climbing in altitude vario mode .
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:49:36 am »
Hi and thanks for the help.
I do have foam over the bario and even added some extra.
I just came back from flying my 550 in cruse control as suggested an it did not climb to the sky like it does in altitude varo . I tried manual throttle and it works fine also.  I did notice that if you pitch frd then back , frd then back it may climb a little bit. I am guessing because the  motors are revving up to change direction .Sence  it worked ok in cruse control I think its just my battery creating a air dam and dumping it directly on top the flight controller below it. I will take care of that and Thanks.