LP on brushed scisky FC
« on: December 08, 2015, 01:13:14 am »
I would love to have librepilot on the brushed scisky fc for micro quadcopters.

Is this possible?

Re: LP on brushed scisky FC
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 02:48:26 am »
+1, brushed support would be awesome. Scisky firmware should work on the hobbyking quanum pico too. Would keep me from having to learn cleanflight.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:37:37 pm by mishadude »

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 03:50:56 am »
It just needs someone who can do it to start working on it, but right now we are considering some changes that would make adding many different flight controllers require less work.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 08:42:16 pm »
Sounds great. Micro/brushed quads should see a lot of growth with all the pending drone legislation.

Brian

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:37:27 pm »
I ported the CC3D firmware to the Crazyflie https://www.bitcraze.io/crazyflie/, and have thought about getting a Crazyflie 2: https://www.bitcraze.io/crazyflie-2/ and porting the Revo firmware to it.

There's also the Brushed Sparky 2: https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/wiki/Brushed-Sparky, which I thought was being sold somewhere, but I can't find it now.

The crazyflie is very fun to fly, and I'm sure the other two would be just as much fun.

hwh

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 05:10:31 am »
I wanted an excuse to build a micro quad anyway so I ordered the Quantum Pico version from HobbyKing along with a OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 JR/Turnigy Compatible Transmitter Module for a spare transmitter I have.  Coming from HK it will take a while to get here.  In the meantime can someone who has one post pictures of both sides of the board clear enough to read the chip part numbers? 

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 02:13:04 pm »
I ordered the same stuff plus some batteries. If mine gets here before yours does I'll put some pics up. It's still in transit to lax.

jhan1

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 11:05:01 pm »
Ive also got a board coming in the mail.  I would love to see LP on this board.  I was ok to use Cleanflight or Betaflight but now I hear there is a bug in the code that only allows 80% throttle/duty cycle.  Micro's are very fun to fly  :)

hwh

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 06:34:01 am »
Over on the rcgroups forums a user is saying that the dronin fork off Tau works really well for the brushed scisky.  It apparently works better than it's stock cleanflight because cleanflight has a bug that limits the motors to around 80% and dronin runs them up to 100%.

When my board and the rest of the parts come in I'm going to run a few tests with cleanflight, mostly to learn a little about cleanflight and to hook a logic analyzer on it so I can see their 80% problem.  Then I'll probably load dronin for a couple of days and see how it works before working on getting it to work on LibrePilot.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 12:35:13 am »
Seems that the 80% throttle bug isn't a bug! I've started to get used to naze32 and betaflight and it's getting me :D. The naze32 cleanflight, and betaflight even more, give to me a soo smooth fpv experience...I think I'll start adding expo in the librepilot gcs in my 250 quad with a cc3d with librepilot to try to replicate the same smoothness.