Motors turn too fast with minimal throttle... help!
« on: October 10, 2017, 03:41:14 am »
I have been working on a tricopter, and when I finished setup, I gave the drone a small amount of throttle (barely allowed the stick to leave the resting position) and it set the motors to extremely high speeds. I checked neutral rates for the motors and tested with the live test and they spun at a low, reasonable rate, but with any amont of throttle, the motors go insane. Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Re: Motors turn too fast with minimal throttle... help!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 05:14:48 am »
Did it try to flip or pull straight up?  If flip you have one of several things that cause flip which also causes large throttle since it thinks it is trying hard to level it out but it is really flipping.

Do you have arming on a switch or stick?

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 05:45:38 am »
Seems like it is trying to flip, motor 2 is not turning, but 1 and 3 are rotating too fast. Any idea why its trying to flip? Arming is on a stick (roll right)

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:35:36 am »
recheck:
motor directions
prop type on each motor
where ESCs are plugged in
make sure FC arrows are forward (ESC connections on right side)
make sure Stabilization->Basic->Bank#->ZeroTheIntegral is ENABLED
don't take off from a slope
take off right away after arming
don't take off slowly, "jump into the air" to about knee high

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:29:54 pm »
Thanks so much for the help! sorry I didn't respond earlier, I had classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 01:44:17 pm »
The most likely cause of motor instability will be the orientation of the cc3d in the copter. this can be checked in the configurations attitude page. the flight controller will only give correct motor control when the arrow point towards the front of your machine. If your controller is mounted with the arrow pointing to the side, you will need to enter an offset in the YAW window, this may be 90 or -90 depending on the orientation of your cc3d. Save the settings. Be safe remove props to test, give a small amount of power so the motors turn slowly then tilt the copter to see which way it corrects if it appears worse then change the value in the yaw window and re-save. then test again.