anthropo

I dont understand ASWA ?
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »
Hello,
I have many QX95 under Betaflight. I have set airmode and like it.
I also have a racer 250 and a QAV 210 with a revolution board and librepilot on it.

I have set ASWA on the two racers and i must confess i am disapointed.
Because when I put throttle off, if falls like a leaf. Uncontrolled. My attempt is that it keeps its attitude.

I don't recognize the airmode of betaflight. Can someone explain me if i can expect the same behaviour or if it is diffrenet ?

Thank you.

anthropo

Re: I dont understand ASWA ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 06:53:14 pm »
Forgot .uav

anthropo

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 10:11:04 am »
Thank you .

I don't understand
Please note: the previous method using the Custom tab is depreciated. With custom mixer the vehicle is not identified anymore as a multirotor and some functions stop working, like ASWA.

Is there something in my case that is disabling ASWA ?

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:29 am »
I don't recognize the airmode of betaflight. Can someone explain me if i can expect the same behaviour or if it is diffrenet ?

There is a fix for ASWA in next, compiled unreleased branch. Can you check it ? It should behave similar to Betaflight.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 12:40:51 pm »
If you have enabled the aforementioned "Motors Spin At Neutral..." then you are seeing an issue.

In that case the simple work around is to increase throttle trim so that the motors continue to spin at low throttle stick?

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 04:09:30 pm »
Unfortunately, ASWA is broken in 16.09. Only current next has ASWA fixed for good.

anthropo

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 04:45:18 pm »
Thank you.

can I take Next for 'flyable' or is it buggy ? will I have to reset and reconfigure all ?

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »
If you install next you will have to basically start from scratch again, unless you know how to edit uav files...

As before, I think the simple work around for you would be to arm then increase throttle trim.  After landing, decrease throttle trim and disarm.  This must be done each flight.   ASWA does not even need to be enabled.

ernstock

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:51:23 pm »
Interesting - that’s more or less all I’ve ever had as ‘aswa / airmode ‘
  - a second throttle curve with low idle on a switch - enable low idle just before take off , switch off just before landing ( or pretty quick after unintentional landing !)