MikeNH

Backup Best Practices?
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:17:50 am »
For my 250mm quadcopter with a Revo controller, today I :
1 - Installed the nightly build
2 - Walked through the Vehicle Setup Wizard
3 - Walked through the Transmitter Setup Wizard
4 - Set Home Location (Latitude/Longitude) on System tab because Flight Data tab was not painting home location on laptop
5 - Followed instructions for sensor calibration: Thermal first item.
6 - Stepped through other sensor calibration which had Thermal as the last item.
7 - On Attitude tab, set "Rotate virtual attitude relative to board" to 180 degrees
8 - Arming setting to "Yaw left"
9 - Arming timeout to 10 seconds
10 - Configured 3 Flight Mode Switch settings to include Altitude Hold
11 - Stabilization tab, Altitude Hold settings.

The point is, there is a lot of customization that needs to be done but I am unclear how to preserve these settings so that when I come back to tweak settings, I don't have to re-do all that has been done. Saving or exporting the template preserves some for importing again but that preserves only some of these settings.

What is the protocol to do a comprehensive backup of the complete configuration?

Once again, thank you for your effort with Librepilot. Years ago I acquired various fixed wing and helicopter ratings but have missed the ability to fly until discovering quadcopters in the last few months. Thank you.

Mike
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:04:52 pm by MikeNH »

mr_w

• LibrePilot
Re: Backup Best Practices?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:07:54 am »
File -> Export UAV Setttings.

This saves *all* the settings.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:40:35 am »
There is a not quite right thing...  if you do thermal calibration after gyro calibration

If you are using INS13; if you do thermal calibration then gyro calibration, you need to redo gyro calibration after thermal calibration.

You can look at the scope page, gyro UAVO and see that the gyros are a little off after thermal calibration.  That gets set back to zero (centered on zero) the moment you press Save after redoing the gyro calibration.

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:23:09 am »
Thermal calibration is done for both gyro and baro at the same time. So while calibrating temperature you should not move  it, perfect darkness is needed as baro is light sensitive and no air blows.

It will calculate coefficients that correct both sensors with respect to temperature range. Relation might not be linear so you really need to calibrate ~60min.

Then export UAV open file in txt editor and extract values two UAV objects says on wiki which I believe. Then import then anytime you go from scratch after importing these just do normal sensor calibration.

That's what I do.