Anonator

• UAAV experimenting

Re: Compatible fc
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:12:42 am »
It isn't a simple task to add full support for a new FC and there is a concern that we need to redo that to make it better before adding a lot more FC's.

I see that this FC has an F4 but it doesn't say which one (could be researched) so it's not obvious how much memory or speed it has.  FC dimensions are also not mentioned.

It appears that the baro has only has a +-1m resolution where the standard today is +-0.1m.  +-1m is not very good for baro or GPS flight modes.

That means it is really just an F4 racer FC less suited for GPS/baro flight modes.  It seems to me that F4 power is kind of wasted on racing where a lessor processor works well.  It does seem to have a current sensor and OSD and it is cheap.  I would try to use it with the firmware that already works on it.

It seems that @mr_w's F3 branch now supports this F4.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:10:04 am by TheOtherCliff »

Anonator

• UAAV experimenting
Ubuntu 18.04LTS.  F450 Quad.  3 Fixed wing planes.  Revo and OmniF4 flight controllers.

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 08:59:09 am »
better link below - mpu6000, bmp280, stm32f405
http://www.hobbywow.com/en-betaflight-omnibus-f4-pro-v2-flight-control-built-in-osd-bec-for-fpv-racing-drone-quadcopter-p243981.htm

Omnibus F4 I am flying already. You can build mr_w/omnibus_f3_f4 branch from https://bitbucket.org/mindnever/librepilot.git.
I assume you know how to use git to add remote branch and switch to it.

Anyways, works just fine. Only thing is that you need to set UART1 from UavBrowser to S.bus, because there is no hardware page yet, but other things work fine.
This branch contains also other goodies, like fixed ASWA and ported super rate expo.

It flies really well, happens dev working on it is a racing guy :) Try it :)

P.S Here are my build from git instructions for this hardware https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=48.msg26090#msg26090
Under is the post from the dev who develops the branch and his video of FPV flying with it.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:04:37 am by Mateusz »

Anonator

• UAAV experimenting
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 09:04:51 am »
thx Mateusz, will order one for my fixed wing.
Ubuntu 18.04LTS.  F450 Quad.  3 Fixed wing planes.  Revo and OmniF4 flight controllers.

Mateusz

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 09:35:13 am »
thx Mateusz, will order one for my fixed wing.

I guess you would be the first one to test it on fixed wing, but that's awesome, just what is needed.

I think the original Omnibus F4 is from Airbot.
But then there are a lot of derivatives Betaflight, HGLRC, FLIP, etc.... each flashable with Omnibus F4 firmware, as it is basically the same hardware.
As long as it says on hardware that it runs with Omnibus F4 firmware, then LP branch from mr_w will work.

Re: Compatible fc (Omnibus F4)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 07:49:16 am »
My eBay version just came in today.  I tested gyro, accel, baro on BF configurator.  Tested OK.  Note that I had to "sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyACM0" to give permission to chromium browser to access the board via USB.  It looks like it doesn't see that I am a member of the dialout group.

This is the one I received.  It is no longer the cheapest one.  Cheapest is currently $14.28 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Betaflight-OmniBus-RC-F4-V2-Flight-Control-Built-in-OSD-BEC-PARTS-For-FPV-Drone-/222665089731

I did
  git clone https://bitbucket.org/mindnever/librepilot.git
  git checkout omnibus_f3_f4
  make -j4 gcs
  make -j4 omnibusf4
  make -j4 bl_omnibusf4_hex

After doing a git clone of the BF configurator, I did a "git checkout v3.1.1" in the BF configurator directory, then I ran chromium and used BF configurator to flash the LP bl_omnibusf4.hex that I built earlier.  It worked fine.

I then did a simple LP manual rescue to flash the LP firmware that I built earlier.  Make sure you then do an "Erase Settings" so that saving settings works correctly and consistently.  Scopes say that gyros, accels, and baro are all working fine running LP firmware.  I haven't tested the current sensor.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:08:12 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 06:47:43 pm »
My eBay Omnibus F4 V2 (Pro) does not save settings.  In the other thread, @mr_w said the SD card slot was not used for anything.  Do I need an SD card or is my FC damaged or does the code not work with V2?

I don't see anything that looks like a memory/flash chip on this FC.  F4 and MPU6000 on top side, OSD and switching power supply chip on bottom side.  It looks like it would need to use F4 for this if possible and SD card if that is not possible.

My eBay Omnibus F4 V2 (Pro) (for pictures):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Betaflight-OmniBus-RC-F4-V2-Flight-Control-Built-in-OSD-BEC-PARTS-For-FPV-Drone-/222665089731

link to statement "sd card not used"
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3868.msg26345#msg26345

Edit: It seems that it did save the change I made to HwOmnibusF4Settings, but it did not save changes to GPSSettings or AuxMagSettings even though I changed them at least 3 times each.

I did an Erase Settings and it seems to be working now.   ::) ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:40:45 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Anonator

• UAAV experimenting
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 07:06:24 am »
Pulled out my OmnibusF4 equipped plane but cannot find firmware to update it.  Using latest pull and compiling on linux.  IIRC the GCS was updated to use it but no firmware is there. Please help.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 10:02:51 am »
If the flight/targets/boards/omnibusf4 directory is not there, then it hasn't been merged into your version.

I thought it would be merged in by now.

I've still got the old mr_w private build and it has that directory in it.

What does your flight/targets/boards directory look like?  Might omnibusf4  have been renamed or merged in with something else?

Anonator

• UAAV experimenting
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 06:24:12 am »
No omnibusf4 dir in build.  I have mr_w code as well but just moving it and adding target to makefile fails... Any hints?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 07:26:57 pm »
Really strange...

Code: [Select]
[laurent@new-host LibrePilot]$ git checkout omnibus_f3_f4
Switched to branch 'omnibus_f3_f4'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'bitbucket_vladimir/omnibus_f3_f4'.
[laurent@new-host LibrePilot]$ git pull
Already up-to-date.
[laurent@new-host LibrePilot]$ make omnibusf4
- LibrePilot UAVObject Generator -
Done: processed 126 XML files and generated 126 objects with no ID collisions. Total size of the data fields is 5191 bytes.
generating flight code
 CXX         targets/boards/omnibusf4/firmware/main.cpp
 CXX         libraries/pid/pidcontroldown.cpp
 [...]
 PP          pios/stm32f4xx/link_memory.lds
 PP          pios/stm32f4xx/link_sections.lds
 LD          ./build/firmware/fw_omnibusf4/fw_omnibusf4.elf
 BIN/HEX ./build/firmware/fw_omnibusf4/fw_omnibusf4.bin
 FWINFO  ./build/firmware/fw_omnibusf4/fw_omnibusf4.bin.firmware_info.c
 CC          ./build/firmware/fw_omnibusf4/fw_omnibusf4.bin.firmware_info.c
 BIN/HEX  ./build/firmware/fw_omnibusf4/fw_omnibusf4.bin.firmware_info.bin
 OPFW      ./build/firmware/fw_omnibusf4/fw_omnibusf4.opfw

Please paste the output from the following commands :
Code: [Select]
git remote -v
git status

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 07:31:37 am »
No omnibusf4 dir in build.  I have mr_w code as well but just moving it and adding target to makefile fails... Any hints?

The problem is that it isn't that easy or it would already be in next.  There are different ways of adding new FCs.  The easy way is not as space efficient or as organized as it could be.  I'm going to make a truly wild guess that the F3 code (ccf3d, nucleof303re, spracingf3, spracingf3evo) was done in the way that mr_w liked and he hasn't gotten around to refactoring the Omnibus code.

Anonator

• UAAV experimenting
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 03:24:50 am »
Thanks for responses  :)

Got code compiled and all is working except the DJI GPS on com port 1.  Telemetry works on either port 1 or 3 fine.  Error - There is no GPS .... etc.  Omnibus F4 Pro V2.  GPS unit led has steady flash at about 1Hz.  Got 57500 baud and DJI protocol in hardware tab.  Has my GPS died or another possibility?

Cheers from Oz :)

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 05:54:28 am »
GCS code may be incomplete.  I recall @mr_w saying that you must use System->Settings page and set this or that Uart# in the HwOmnibusF4Settings.  That is what I would try at least.

Are you sure you have it wired correctly?  If power LED and other LED work, FC-TxD <-> GPS-RxD and FC-RxD <-> GPS-TxD.