Upgrading ESC's need recommendation please for my CC3D.
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:28:16 pm »
Hi, I have a 450 flamewheel clone, I have Emax 2213/935kv motors with the Emax Simon Series 30amp Esc's. They are supposed to have BLHeli type software on them. I tried flashing them with the BlHeli suite using the DYS V2 USB programmer but can't seem to get it to work. From what I have read the Emax esc's are not that good and are not real BL Heli software. The CC3D I am using shows it is Oneshot 125 capable and looks like maybe some faster versions, can someone recommend a good BLHeli esc for me that I can use with my quad please. I have read till I am exhausted there are so many options for escs my head is spinning and dont know what will work or wont. Sorry I am really new with all the advanced esc stuff going on now. I only sport fly LOS and dont do fpv. Thanks in advance!
Latraxx Alias
MJX Bugs 3
450 Flamewheel clone, Emax 2213/935, Luminer 30amp Opto BLHeli-S/CC3D Vs16.09

Re: Upgrading ESC's need recommendation please for my CC3D.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 10:58:00 pm »
Simon refers to SimonK which is a brand of ESC firmware.  BLHeli is a different brand of ESC firmware.

They require different programmers so a BLHeli programmer won't program an ESC with SimonK on it.

They (SK and BLH) both work quite adequately.  I would just use what I had.  Try PWMSync or PWM@490Hz for the ESC signal protocol.   Make sure you select that for all the outputs...

Actually I always upgrade to the latest firmware as part of a build, but the advice remains that it should work fine as it is.

Re: Upgrading ESC's need recommendation please for my CC3D.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:47:39 pm »
Thank you Cliff, I was wondering though as I was considering upgrading my esc's and was wanting to know how fast a refresh rate, cant think of the proper terminology is IE: Oneshot 125, Dshot ect, refresh rate the CC3D is capable of. Thanks
Latraxx Alias
MJX Bugs 3
450 Flamewheel clone, Emax 2213/935, Luminer 30amp Opto BLHeli-S/CC3D Vs16.09