JohnC

Dshot questions
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:46:17 am »
I have been out of CC3D and quads for two years and it looks like the world is so much more complicated!

I have 4 Emax Shot BL Heli Bullet sec's.  I am using a Lemon satellite which has been bound.  I was following everything as I have done before and was able to do the esc calibration and had throttle response. 

I went into the BL Heli Suite to change the motor rotations.  I could not manage this even with my pro computer partner. 

In my reading I see that the latest version of LP does not support Dshot. 

Have I bought the wrong ESC's?  Did I fry one?  No smoke, fire or melted plastic.  Is there another way around this?  Do I have to buy different ESC's?

Thanks in advance.
John

Re: Dshot questions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 04:34:09 am »
I think I recall that many DShot ESCs also support other protocols.  I don't know if your brand does.  I would try some other protocols like OneShot# or at least PWMSync or PWM-490Hz.

I recall the development version of LP supports DShot.  You could build from source or search the forum for a recent "next" download.  There is a guy that builds and publishes it.

JohnC

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:15:20 am »
Hi Cliff

I tried it with the different ESC's and still no response.  When I go to calibrate the ESC's I get the initial beeps but at the end I there are no end beeps. 

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 03:22:10 am »
Did you research what protocols your ESC will do?

If they will do PWM@490Hz try these instructions to set PWMSync (or PWM @490Hz) on all outputs and calibrate ESCs and set neutrals.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058743/ESC+Calibration

Here is a link to a post with the current build of "next" which has DShot.  I know that @Mateuze has used DShot.  Min/Neutral/Max setup is a little different.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3649.msg26235#msg26235