Help please...My computer can't see my Revo
« on: March 09, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »
Thank goodness for this forum, This is my first post here and is a plea for help.

I recently began a new multicopter build and decided to finally break out my OP revo board that I acquired way back when it was first introduced. I have functioning CC and CC3D boards, so am a little familiar with the GCS. When I first plugged the board into the computer, the computer installed the drivers and it showed Revolution as one of the options to connect to, the others being Logfile: Logfile replay and UDP: unconfigured. I never could get the board to boot, so I downloaded the new bootloader file and using the rescue was able to download the bootloader and the most recent firmware to the board.

The problem is that the board will never boot and won't connect to the GCS. Now the connect button shows only the option of Logfil:Logfile replay and UDP: unconfigured. The option for Revolution has disappeared. I attempted to do this on three different computers. Two windows computers running Windows 7 and 10 and on my Macbook Pro. I have also used three different known good USB cables with no success. I can still use the rescue and upgrade, so the computer is connecting to the board, but the GCS can not....

Did I do something stupid in the upgrade, or am I missing something obvious???? I have been banging my head around for three days searching forums and trying every possible fix with no luck. Please if you have a suggestion, let me know...

If I can't resolve this issue, I guess this quad will have to fly on a CC3D ::)

Thanks in advance

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Help please...My computer can't see my Revo
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »
If after power up you can see the fast blue led blinking sequence your board is fine.

The weird thing is the not working board with Osx also...
Take a look at this thread, especially the "resurrect" stuff in first post:

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 05:30:38 pm »
I have a slow blinking blue LED when the board is powered by the USB. In the device manager, when I connect the board, I never see an additional USB Composite device pop up when I connect the board, unlike when I plug anything else in (ie: a CC3D) board. It's as if the Revolution can't be seen by the computer. I think it may be a driver problem, but I have no idea how to fix it.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 05:38:20 pm »
If slow fading, there is a missing firmware

- Disconnect board
- Hit Upgrade&Erase button
- Connect board
- Wait until the whole process is finished, maybe 30s or less after flash end

If a driver issue see this page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »
Thanks sooo much for your help. Unfortunately I'm at work and don't have the board with me. However, the board does show the latest firmware has been loaded, I believe it is 15.09 or something like that.

As stated before (as per the driver issue link) there is no new "USB Composite Device" that shows up when the board is connected.

Any other suggestions???

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 04:27:21 am »
HALLELUJAH ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Came home after spending much of the day on the site. I flashed the resurrection software and the board came to life!!! Then I updated the firmware and I'm good to go. Thank you to TheOtherCliff for writing the code to fix my revolution....

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 06:42:29 am »
I have some cc3d in can plug it a few times with nothing  when that happens just use some 5 volt bec power in a extra motor out pins 5 or 6 remenber to power first then plug in to cumputer just unplug the 5 volt before any saves or update works every time get the gcs runing and ready on configuration page then power the  controller with 5 volt first the plug watch connection lights then bam its on hope this helps