Rate Trainer Setup/ wont change configuration?
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:42:06 pm »
Hi I am trying to set up one of my banks with the RateTrainer tab. I have it set up on Stabilization 3, bank 2 on the flight mode switch settings tab, however when I go back to the Stabilization page and click on Bank 2, nothing has changed it still has the old settings, Attitude, Rate, Yaw rate on the basic configuration page? I did click save on the flight mode switch page before I check on the stabilization page. Maybe I am missing something, thanks for the help.
Latraxx Alias
MJX Bugs 3
450 Flamewheel clone, Emax 2213/935, Luminer 30amp Opto BLHeli-S/CC3D Vs16.09

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Rate Trainer Setup/ wont change configuration?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:05:15 pm »
Hi, welcome.

Setting a flightmode/stabilization mode with some bank in Input > Flightmode tab changes nothing in Stabilization tab.
Stabilization tab simply show the 3 banks numbers and settings, not the bank currently used.

Take a look here for RateTrainer setup

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply, I dont think I am understanding this still sorry, this is new to me. So I have RateTrainer on bank 2 when I go to the Stabilization page on bank 2 with the colored sliders should this show a different setting for attitude, rate and yaw rate, predefined settings? I did read the manual that you posted. If I moved the sliders and click save it will do that, but I was thinking when I changed say from Attitude to RateTrainer it would automatically load preset figures, maybe this is what I am not understanding, sorry if I am repeating, I am only trying to understand. I have this on a CC3D with version 15.09 also if this helps, Thanks again.
Latraxx Alias
MJX Bugs 3

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 09:40:19 pm »
The RateTrainer setting is the max bank angle allowed.
Tell me how the GCS will known the max bank angle you expect ? Default is 55 degrees.

Others settings used by RateTrainer are the same as Rate. this means some settings related to speed you want.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:54:19 pm »
Ok that is what I was trying to figure out is where do I see the default settings for this particular mode(RateTrainer), 55 deg? is this Attitude on the stabilization page? If it is mine does not show that it still shows my old settings for normal rate mode.
Thank you
Latraxx Alias
MJX Bugs 3

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 10:02:51 pm »
Sorry I think my "Light bulb" just turned on ;D I noticed in the Expert tab it showed Attitude/ deg I did not notice that before so now I understand that. However it still did not change that to 55 deg when I applied Rate trainer to that bank all the settings remained the same.
Latraxx Alias
MJX Bugs 3

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 10:09:49 pm »
RateTrainer equal Rate + bank angle limit

This means RateTrainer will use the same settings as Rate.
The RateTrainer max bank angle allowed is the Attitude response (max bank angle).

Take a look again at Rate and Ratetrainer wiki page, all the settings you need to known are highlighted with screenshots.

One bank can be used for various stabilization modes, not just dedicated to one stabilization mode.

However it still did not change that to 55 deg when I applied Rate trainer to that bank all the settings remained the same.
Again, setting or changing a flightmode/stabilization mode with some bank in Input > Flightmode tab changes nothing in Stabilization tab > Bank settings.
You need to change the bank/RateTrainer settings according to the limits/speed you want.

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 10:42:47 pm »
Ok great, I understand now. Thanks so much for all your help, its most appreciated!! Take care
Latraxx Alias
MJX Bugs 3