jwtfpv

Oplink JR Connection
« on: August 22, 2017, 02:24:25 am »
Hi Gang

I've recently purchased a couple of CC3D boards that I wish to use with Oplink. I'm however a little confused with the connections to my Turnigy 9XR. According to the documentation I simply connect GND, 5V and PPM.

If I look at my JR module I've two options for power; 6V or BAT. Am I correct in thinking that I need to connect to 6V?

Cheers

Jase :)

Mateusz

Re: Oplink JR Connection
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:18:28 am »
Assuming you want to power your OPlink from JR module bay.

I would check specification provided by the seller or manufacturer you got OPlink from. Orignal OPlinks were produced following schematics available here https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/src/d1ab06e5b0cef938ca90608ef655c8652cb9a5d0/hardware/Production/OPLink%20Mini/OPLink%20Mini%20Schematic.pdf?at=next&fileviewer=file-view-default

For CONN1 and CONN2, pad with voltage you have specific regulator TL1963A-33, it can handle absolute maximum of 20V, I wouldn't try that though. If you have exact same regulator, then it should handle 6V fine. However, I can not assure you, that this is the exact regulator on your OPlink modem, it's the manufacturer that knows this who produced the OPlink.

I read on other website that apparently there are versions not following original design and not having regulator at all, which means 3.3V is required. See

Different input voltage versions

Important
There are different versions available; 3VDC or 5VDC. You want the 5VDC version in order to connect directly to CopterControl. This module has an on-board voltage regulator.

The voltage input must be clearly mentioned. Typically, these boards can handle a power supply between 3.6VDC ~ 6.0VDC when an on-board voltage regulator is available.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 12:11:53 pm »
I read on other website that apparently there are versions not following original design and not having regulator at all, which means 3.3V is required. See

The information you quoted come from here and is only related to the Bluetooth module. OPlink will not work correctly using 3.3V.

Recommended voltage is +5V to 2S Lipo battery (8.4V), the 20V max limit do not take in account the needed power dissipated.
Best option is connect the Oplink to the +6V or add a small +5V regulator connected to the +Bat

jwtfpv

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 03:02:37 pm »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses. The module(s) I've ordered are the following.

Oplink Mini Air & Ground

The listing states the input voltage as 5V.

Should the on-board voltage regulator on the module be able to handle 6V?

OR

Am I better to connect a 5V BEC between BAT pin and 5V input on the module?

I want to ensure I provide enough current to the transmitter.

Cheers

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »
The Oplink set you ordered is not the one you need for a CC3D.
This set is used for the Revo mini (see picture bellow), this mean the "Oplink Air" (no cpu or Main/Flexi port) cannot be used with a CC3D...

The OPLink mini where you connect the USB cable is fine, you will need the exact same for CC3D side like described in OPLink wiki page

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
The OpLink Ground (one of the pair) is a normal OpLink though and can be used normally.  It uses a different antenna connector though.  It uses SMA instead of MMCX.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:29:27 pm by TheOtherCliff »

jwtfpv

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 01:39:16 am »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the help.

Cheers