Veker

What settings are you using for Acro?
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:41:34 am »
I've been messing with different settings and I'm just curious as to what you guys prefer using for flips and rolls.
It's a 250 size quad.

In rattitude, in the advanced menu I have...

Attitude Mode Response:  Roll:55 Pitch:55 Yaw:35
Rate Mode Response: Roll:370 Ptich:370 Yaw:250
Max Rate Limit: Roll:310 Pitch:310 Yaw:300
I have my Roll Factor and Pitch Factor for Acro+ both on 70.

I want to make it flip quicker in Rattitude.  With those settings it is doing a very slow flip and I have to be high in the air to do it.  It makes a large circle with flipping.

In Rate, here are my settings:

Attitude Mode Response:  Roll:57 Pitch:57 Yaw:35
Rate Mode Response: Roll:360 Ptich:360 Yaw:240
Max Rate Limit: Roll:330 Pitch:330 Yaw:330
I have my Roll Factor and Pitch Factor for Acro+ both on 40.

It flips super fast now with slight stick movement.  I've gotten the hang of it where I can usually catch it nicely after a flip or double flip but I think it is still too fast for me.  Sometimes I crash it especially when I am close to the ground.  I want to slow it down and keep it flipping smoothly in rate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice or settings that you prefer?

ernstock

Re: What settings are you using for Acro?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:31:27 pm »
Hi
Have been having a few thoughts about changing settings myself.
Currently on 250quad , I fly
Acro+
360 pitch and roll
500 yaw (rate)
55 acro  factor
Been sort of 'stuck' on those settings for a while.
Seem to do me fine for close flying in woods and the occasional lark about over the fields.
Ps.
In yr rate settings are the max limits overriding yr higher response settings ?
Cheers

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:19:06 pm »
I've been messing with different settings and I'm just curious as to what you guys prefer using for flips and rolls.
It's a 250 size quad.

In rattitude, in the advanced menu I have...

Attitude Mode Response:  Roll:55 Pitch:55 Yaw:35
Rate Mode Response: Roll:370 Ptich:370 Yaw:250
Max Rate Limit: Roll:310 Pitch:310 Yaw:300
I have my Roll Factor and Pitch Factor for Acro+ both on 70.

I want to make it flip quicker in Rattitude.  With those settings it is doing a very slow flip and I have to be high in the air to do it.  It makes a large circle with flipping.

In Rate, here are my settings:

Attitude Mode Response:  Roll:57 Pitch:57 Yaw:35
Rate Mode Response: Roll:360 Ptich:360 Yaw:240
Max Rate Limit: Roll:330 Pitch:330 Yaw:330
I have my Roll Factor and Pitch Factor for Acro+ both on 40.

It flips super fast now with slight stick movement.  I've gotten the hang of it where I can usually catch it nicely after a flip or double flip but I think it is still too fast for me.  Sometimes I crash it especially when I am close to the ground.  I want to slow it down and keep it flipping smoothly in rate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice or settings that you prefer?
You have to increase the Rate mode response (deg/s) to increase the flip/roll speed in Rattitude flight mode. I always use 700 deg/s for roll and pitch.
Max rate limit (all modes) (deg/s) should be equal or higher than Rate mode response.
Also, 240 deg/s for yaw seem a bit slow. You can safely use 360 deg/s at least.

If you like to fly with gyro only, then rate mode could be preferable for fpv race, whereas acro+ is the best choice for aerobatics.
You need different settings for rate and acro+.

If you use rate mode for fpv race you need a Rate mode response that is not too sluggish, tipically 400 deg/s should be ok. But you probably need some expo on your transmitter or in GCS to increase control and precision near center stick.
If you set acro+, then you can set a safe Rate mode response value, say 220-250 deg/s, so to have a very good control in normal flight. Then you have to set the AcroInsanityFactor (acro+ sliders in basic tab) to speed up flips and rolls without affect the near center stick behavior.

Veker

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 04:05:43 am »
Thanks for the help, Ill adjust accordingly.

I meant to say I fly in acro+, not rate lol

I alsohave my expo on 30 right now for my tx.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 08:27:10 am »
Probably you will reset your expo settings if you set Rate mode response to 220/250 ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 07:12:40 am »
I fly in rate now 100% of the time. I run 600-630 degrees rate limit and response for pitch and Roll and whatever you like on yaw and use between 65-85% expo on roll and pitch. That way around the middle I have fine control, 1/2-3/4 stick a little more speed roll and flip for slow-ish spins and flips and full stick gives me almost 2 flips a second. Plenty fast.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS