RadioLink AT9 Transmitter Wizzard Issues
« on: August 19, 2017, 03:47:31 pm »
Hi I am a newbie here and I am Struggling to get my Drone to Arm. (Armed fine until I tried using transmitter wizard).
I own a Storm SRD 260 Pro with a CC3D flight controller. I decided to update the firmware on Thursday night which all went to plan until I got to the transmitter wizard. I got to the throttle page and was unable to progress any further as my controller commands are not being received. I disconnected from the wizard and then was unable to arm my drone and have not been able to since.

I have a purple light of the receiver and I am also able to turn the drone LEDs on and off from the controller so this must still be paired with the receiver.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Phatpolarbear 

Re: RadioLink AT9 Transmitter Wizzard Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 04:52:21 pm »
Make sure your receiver is bound correctly and you know what signal type it uses (e.g. PWM, PPM, SBus, ...).

Make sure the signal type (and which port) is set correctly on the Hardware page or run the setup wizard (not just the transmitter wizard).

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:55:53 am »
Hi thank you for replying.

I'm a little confused as the inset the drone up as per the drone manufactures (storm) website and it didn't work , I changed the signal type to s bus and it now reads the transmitter when in transmitter wizard :).
I am still unable to arm the drone though so I need to look into the arming settings In  little more depth.

Update I changed some arming settings but my batteries are now dead so I will have to try this later.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks, 

Phatpolarbear

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:23:15 am »
Don't ever let your batteries go so dead that they won't lift off, they get hurt badly if you do.

If they do run dead, recharge them immediately and you may get away with it once.

Dead is less than 3.3 volts on any cell when at rest, but that is not a good voltage.  3.8 per cell is a good storage voltage and for best lifetime, they should not ever be below 3.6 per cell when resting after a flight.  All these voltages are on any cell (the lowest in the pack).

Get a lipo alarm and set it on 3.6 because that is about 3.7 at rest.  Plug it into the balance connector of the battery during flight, every flight.  Buy several.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Lipo-Battery-Low-Voltage-Alarm-1S-8S-Buzzer-Indicator-Checker-Tester-LED-Best-/282397825614

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 12:27:35 am »
Thank you for the heads up,  I'm still very new to lipo batteries. When I used to race 1-10th scale cars years ago it was NiCd batteries.

Good news after charging my batteries up my drone now arms.

Hopefully I can get my first test flight after my rebuild tomorrow :)

I am just hoping I can take off this time , I was having issues last week. The power in the motors was there but I had no lift. I change the propellers around , I then took off but just started spinning.

I never had this issue before my rebuild.

Thanks,

Phatpolarbear

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 01:34:05 am »
You MUST follow directions EXACTLY.  :)

Two wrongs do not make a right.  You must have motor directions correct and correct prop type on correct motors (etc.).

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 03:21:20 pm »
Right that didn't go to plan!

As far as I can see everything is set correctly as per the manual (motors spinning correct way and correct props on the correct motors ) but no lift. All the thrust seems to be generated upwards. I switched the propellers around and I took off but just spun instantly and couldn't control it. I am now really confused, this has only happened since the rebuild.
Do you have any ideas that may guide me in the right direction? I have attached a print screen of my user manual.

Thanks,

Lee

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:36:30 pm »
The picture from your manual is right (prop mount is ok according to the leading edge and matches the LP default) but all the arrows for spinning rotations are wrong and reversed.

As a example, M1 will be clockwise like the prop is mounted.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 12:01:52 am »
I didn't even notice that but now you have pointed it out I can see what you mean. Can this be changed in Libre Pilot?

Do I have to re-run the whole wizard if so?

My motors are spinning the correct way though when I start the drone up.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 01:25:54 am »
If you mount the props like the picture and rotate motors as mentioned with arrows you are using props not the right way.
Check leading edge and propeller marking facing up.

If all the motors are reversed you can simply check the "Reverse all motor" in Vehicle tab.

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 12:03:18 am »
I have now run the libre wizard again, rest all my settings and switched my motors into reverse (diagram is now the same as my manual) and it still won't take off! As it's late now I will start with a fresh head tomorrow.