MikeNH

Help needed to communicate with Revolution FC
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:28:33 am »
It's a blizzard here in New England so I thought it a good time to revisit setting up MinimOSD for some tuning. Rather than choosing MSP on the Revolution board's Main port, I selected ComBridge on USB VCP function and selected ComBridge on Receiver Port (FlexiIO). The result after rebooting the quad was that there no longer was any data being read.

1 - How can I get back to setting the USB VCP function port and the Receiver Port back to disabled?

2 - Am I able to do this without loosing the quad's configuration. I think (hope) that I backed up the UAV settings.

The only evidence that a connection exists is:
(Attachment)

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Help needed to communicate with Revolution FC
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:41:04 am »
disconnect USB disconnect battery
firmware page press Rescue
plug in board to USB
press Safe Boot

it will boot in default settings, just go and Save a workable setup on the Hardware tab

MikeNH

SOLVED: Help needed to communicate with Revolution FC
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:29 am »
On the Firmware tab all of the buttons were disabled because the "USB" button didn't have a drop-down list to choose a port. After some fiddling, I found that if I disconnected the usb cable and reconnected it, for a few seconds I could choose the COM port. Once I did that,  the buttons became enabled allowing me to choose the "Safe Boot" button. Once the quad rebooted into safe mode, I was able to disable the incorrect setting on the "Hardware" tab.

Thank you for being my safety net in case I really screwed things up.

MikeNH

Re: Help needed to communicate with Revolution FC
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 04:58:22 am »
WOW... Thank you TheOtherCliff. You are fast. Once I posted my "solved" post, I saw you had already answered. Thank you once again.