Ben

[Solved] CC3DRevo & Graupner GR-12L & MZ 12
« on: July 27, 2017, 04:06:01 pm »
Hello there,

I'm new to this and started building my first Multicopter.
I've gone through the Wizard chose Graupner HoTT as receiver and initialized the ESCs, everything fine so far...
But when I'm trying to go through the Transmitter Wizard I don't get any response of the transmitter. The battery is connected and the receiver is bind to the transmitter. I have connected the orange wire of the cable from the flexi port to Channel 6 (SumD) of the receiver. And I changed the settings in the telemetrie menu of the MZ 12 to SumD on channel 6 "Yes". Is there any other setting at the Graupner receiver or the Librepilot Software I've missed? Or did I maybe connect something wrong?

I've tried it with PWM, too. But there I've a different problem, that seems to be an defect of the RC, because even in the servo view 2 of the channels are not stable zero if nothing is moved. The values are changing about every second to another value, so I'll give the RC back to the vendor today so they'll send it to Graupner to check it. But the time I'll get it back I'd like to try it with SumD again. Or should i use PWM anyway?

Thank you very much in advance !

Kind regards
Ben
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:06:43 am by Ben »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3DRevo & Graupner GR-12L & MZ 12
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 06:05:40 pm »
Hi,

You will be able to use the Hott-SumD, double check the wiring whatever the color the pin4 - FlexiPort is used for input.
Check the Configuration > Input tab > Receiver activity.

Small jitter with one unit deviation should be normal.

Ben

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 06:59:28 pm »
Thank you very much ! I'll check that again as soon as possible. Luckily the vendor has given me a new RC directly.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:51:03 am »
About the jitter: Is there a possibility to filter it out? Or some setting in the Software that it won't recognize small, fast changing values? Because when i went through the Wizard with the setting "PWM" it always jumped to the next calibration step. e.g. when i should move the throttle up, before i was able to move the stick up by myself, it had already recognized it as moved.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 12:53:59 pm »
If the jitter cause a wrong stick detection this a very big jitter with more than 15µs deviation, not acceptable for a reliable receiver output.

Maybe this is RSSI output or some defective stick in your radio.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »
Thank you very much ! It has been the wrong wire for SumD in first place. And luckily the new RC doesn't produce any jitter. So now I can go on to the next steps and maybe I'll be able to crash the copter on it's maiden flight soon :D

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 07:03:43 pm »
Good luck :)