DJFPV

Need help with tuning
« on: July 23, 2017, 05:29:58 pm »
I'm new to quadcopters, I've just built my first one and it's been a huge learning experience and I have learned a lot but I am stuck trying to get this thing tuned and get it to fly smooth.

First here is my setup: Frame: Tarot 280c, FC: CC3D ATOM, Motors: Racerstar 2205 2300kv, ESCs: Racerstar MS 35A.

My issue is that the initial tuning for PID on Librepilot my drone has major oscillations, I turn the P down and that levels them out somewhat but they are still there and my drone will sporadically just twitch when hovering. I keep turning the P down but the twitching remains but it then just seems to loose it responsiveness.

I will note that the motors don't all spin up at the same time, I have calibrated the ESCs but when in flight it could just be me but the drone seems to twitch directionally towards those motors that don't seem to spin up with the others.

Any recommendations? I love this hobby though I am just starting out and I would hate for something like this to kill it.

Re: Need help with tuning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 07:20:52 pm »
Make sure that your ESCs get the fastest signal type they are designed to handle.  I recommend that you try setting Output -> Bank -> Mode to PWMSync (or PWM and 490) for all Banks need for the Output Channels (servo/ESC pin connectors) you are using.

Then set your PIDs back where they were (default?) and try again if you were using something slower on your ESCs.

DJFPV

Re: Need help with tuning
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 10:24:51 pm »
That did it... I'm loving this. Thank you for your help.