Upgrating CC3D
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:01:36 am »
After a long pause in my modelactivities, I decided to put Black Rhino on my Computer. The previous Version was I think 12.Xx or somethig. Now I can't "talk" to my board. I know I have to update the FW on my board. That's where I need help. How is the update done (step by step) so I can use my quad again. Oh, the board is a CC3D.
Regards

Mateusz

Re: Upgrating CC3D
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:50:31 pm »
After a long pause in my modelactivities, I decided to put Black Rhino on my Computer. The previous Version was I think 12.Xx or somethig. Now I can't "talk" to my board. I know I have to update the FW on my board. That's where I need help. How is the update done (step by step) so I can use my quad again. Oh, the board is a CC3D.
Regards
Just go to firmware tab, pres upgrade and clear which will do full erase and will install new firmware. Than connect USB of the previously unpowered board so it boots and bootloader is detected. GCS will catch bootloader and will flash  firmware for CC3D. You need to set everything from scratch as many UAV objects may have changed between versions. If you have working setup exported with previous GCS version you can try uploading it but it's generally good idea to start from scratch when setting up new release.
When CC3D starts it has 1s bootloader and if no input from GCS it boots firmware. After flashing new firmware repower the board to boot new firmware and board should appear on GCS and get connected. You should see gyro data on scopes that means all is fine and you can start setting it up usual way. Motors, radio, telemetry etc..

Re: Upgrating CC3D
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:19:03 pm »
If you still have the old GCS and before you do any upgrade (GCS or firmware) it would be good to make sure that it all still works with the old stuff and to make screen captures of the pages where you made big changes; in particular, the PIDs if you hand tuned the PIDs.  Also, export your quad settings to a uav file in a common location (where it won't get deleted when you uninstall the old GCS).  I would go so far as to install the old version on your new PC to do these things since you probably don't have the old PC any more.

Then:
- install the new LP version of GCS
- install the current bootloader updater using the manual method
- boot that and let it run for 30 seconds
- upgrade and erase  using the manual method
- run the setup wizard
- test and fly
- perhaps tweak some settings from your old screen captures
- test and fly

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab