Acro+
« on: July 20, 2017, 07:59:38 am »
So I have only used cruse control on the thrust when flying.  I have flown altitude, ratititude,and rates. I have noticed when I fly in rate mode my craft is noticeable fasters.  Well the more I fly the more comfortable and cofendent  with flying rates. So I was reading through the user manual like I normally do to see if I can spot anything that might be of use to me that I forgot or over looked complete. Well being the tinker I am I decided to redo my flight modes to stablelize 1 ratitude for pitch n roll and axislock for yaw and cruze control for thrust. Stabilization 2 all rates and. Ruz.then the third acro+ for pitch n roll axis lock for yaw and cruise control. When you save it the configurer lights up red and says something doesn't work. Well after some messing around with the gcs it turns red because it didn't like the Cruz control with the acro+. So I set it to manual and it turns green so. I have looked almost everywhere but at least in the documentation for LP I could find anything to explain.  In the box that configurer that turns red and green it says that to never set manual to a multicopter in flight modes.  Well  I flew it set up slowly and don't see a difference between Cruz and manual? And should I just ignore the do not fly manual mode warning? Does any one run acro+? If so what thrust?  Is it normal?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Acro+
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:28:03 am »
That the normal behavior.

CruiseControl need the Attitude state and known bank angles.
Attitude state cannot be used because Acro+ can go out of sensor limits in speed so Attitude can be messed.

Generally you should not ignore the warnings, if you see a warning there is a good reason and in most of cases related to safety.

If you didn't see the CruiseControl effect, give more angle...
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Cruise+Control

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »
What I'm meant to say is I don't know and can't tell the difference between cruise control and manual on the thrust while flying. But I only flew it around the yard and down the street. I'm going to a park/spots today to mash on it and see what Happens  and how it flys.. In my rates mode cruise control works.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:41:50 pm »
So after flying a couple packs I don't know why i flew the other way for so long. Its all about the manual thrust upside down I'm way over cruise control  except for my cheater flight mode why not

ernstock

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »
Hi Wayne ,
I fly acro+ for roll pitch  and yaw and manual for thrust. ( also I would use manual in rate )
I think the warning about manual refers to the flight mode column ( stabilised 1 etc)
I find a value of 92 for acro is about my comfortable limit , but obviously this is related to set rates , also I use no expo which possibly affects the acro mix.
Reckon cruise control is more for attitude/ rattitude modes (?)
Cheers

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:44:18 pm »
CruiseControl has a couple main functions and they can be turned on, off, adjusted:
- reduce motors to min speed while inverted means you don't have to cut throttle during flips
- thrust increase based on bank angle, for instance it takes 1.414 times as much thrust at 45 degree bank as it does when level, to maintain altitude

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 02:20:21 am »
While we are on the subject of fight modes. Hey other cliff I have read that you wrote once upon a time  about axislock for yaw you said something along the lines that it could hold its position better  if it was properly set up.  Because I can't tell the difference between  between axislock, rates and acro+ on yaw maybe I can see  acro+ is a little faster. Well the way I have my rates set up which are 270degree per sec. And 55 on the acro+. I have 3 flight modes 1 ratitide,ratitide, axislock. Cruz control 2 rates,rates,rates,maunal thrust 3 acro+,acro+,acro+ manual. And I use them all very often. Because I'm trying to find out witch one I like best for the way i fly And I think it's acro+ is winning out, it just is more faster, moves better in the full 360 degree rotation, but I like the ratitude to land and go through trees and other tight spots and to just slow down and smells the roses sometimes. Also mode two and  three has aswa. I just cloned the flight mode switch to activate it on the last two position so I un activate it to land and take off. Also no expo either.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 10:59:49 am »
AxisLock is like Rate from the stick, but if AL gets moved without the sticks (like wind, etc) "a small number of degrees" it will move back to where you last put it with the stick.  Rate will not move back like this.

So AL acts and feels like Rate, but it will recover from small "blow outs".  In that regard it is like a moveable Attitude mode.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 04:05:33 pm »
Thank you