Chad88

Changing Stabilization values will not stop Oscillation
« on: July 19, 2017, 07:21:29 pm »
My FPV quad Oscillates when giving quick (and high) throttle or roll. In other words if I increase the throttle or roll to high values slowly it does not Oscillate too bad but when I give it high throttle or roll quickly then the Oscillation is bad. Changing my stabilization values (within reason) is not making much of a difference. So my question is can the kv value of the motors cause Oscillation? My quad is a 280mm and it's a bit heavier than I would like. I use 2205/2300kv and 2206/2400kv motors with this quad and the 2300kv motors are fine with no oscillation. Since a higher kv motor has less torque, could the oscillation be caused by the higher kv motors not providing enough torque for my build?
Also, during the vehicle setup wizard in Librepilot, how important is the drone frame selection? My quad is a custom build so it's not an availabe selection in the list of frames. I usually choose the closest frame listed which is the 260mm. Since my quad is a little bit heavier I'm wondering if I should select something bigger like 400mm???

Re: Changing Stabilization values will not stop Oscillation
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 12:07:03 am »
If banging the roll stick makes it start oscillation, then the PIDs are too high.

One thing that can make the PIDs act too high is running your ESCs at a slow update rate.  PWMSync or PWM-490 (or 400) might be a good thing to try if you are running PWM-50 right now.

Look at the top of the Output page and see what your output "banks" are set to for all the motor channels.