Firmware development
« on: July 08, 2017, 11:37:56 pm »
Hi,
I am a bit new to software development and trying to understand how make changes in the Librepilot Firmware code and update it on Revolution.
I followed Developers manual on Librepilot Wiki and was able to make GCS. However, when I try to make firmware  I am getting errors as attached in the screenshot.

Also once the make is successful how to download the firmware on the board. 

Thank you

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Firmware development
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:45:32 am »
Hi, welcome.

Seems you already compiled the Fw at some point and switched to another branch ?
You should try again starting with a 'make all_clean' before building again.

Which branch are you using ?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:40:42 am by f5soh »

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 12:16:25 am »
It was successful. So now that I can make the firmware, how do I upload it on the board.

Should I go to Firmware tab in GCS and just press upgrade ?

Thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:55:50 am »
Assuming you compiled and packed the firmware into the gcs with a 'make fw_resource' before the 'make gcs' you can use the automatic or manual update :
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Automaticupdate

In all cases the rescue method will work and pick the right firmware from your local ./build/firmware/fw_BOARDNAME folder
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Rescue

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 01:04:47 am »
So, how do I ensure that the changes I made in the Revo from configuration tab (eg. throttle curve, gains of stabilization mode) are still retained , as I assume doing what you mentioned will wipe the entire settings on the board.

Thanks 

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 05:23:14 am »
When upgrading from one version to another, the more code changes are in the new version, the harder / less likely that it will "just work".

The simple way to use your old settings is to make screen captures of the old settings with old GCS and put the same numbers into the new settings (new firmware, new GCS).

UAV files (File -> Export UAV Settings) are human readable text and can be edited with a text editor.  So a more complicated way involves doing a three way edit with old setttings, new default settings and (create) new settings.  It would take a lot longer to explain how than to do the screen captures.  :)

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 05:27:24 am »
When upgrading from one version to another, the more code changes are in the new version, the harder / less likely that it will "just work".

The simple way to use your old settings is to make screen captures of the old settings with old GCS and put the same numbers into the new settings (new firmware, new GCS).

UAV files (File -> Export UAV Settings) are human readable text and can be edited with a text editor.  So a more complicated way involves doing a three way edit with old setttings, new default settings and (create) new settings.  It would take a lot longer to explain how than to do the screen captures.  :)

Thanks for the response. Screen capture sounds like a simplified method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk