Re: Preferred Flights modes for aerial photography
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 07:37:05 pm »
Running it until it won't fly will ruin the battery!!!  If you do that several times, your battery will only fly for a short time!!!

Get a Lipo Alarm for USD $1 shipped (get several) and set them to 3.7V or 3.6V (that is per cell).  Land quickly when the alarm sounds.  Sometimes the alarm sounds prematurely, but better safe than sorry.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Lipo-Battery-Low-Voltage-Alarm-1S-8S-Buzzer-Indicator-Checker-Tester-LED-/172595705357

Until your Lipo Alarms arrive, time your flights so that you have at least 3.7V on the lowest cell when you land.

It is easier to slowly and constantly fly forward than to hover in one place.  Racers point the camera up a little because they are always flying tilted forward, and turns are made by first yawing and then using forward pitch so it even works in turns.  For beginners, you really want the camera pointed down a little so you can see the ground better.  You won't be flying as fast as a racer at first.

Making a video can help you see what you did wrong, and it is fun to watch in a few years to see how much better you are.  Why didn't I just give a little left stick right there?  :)

zukenj

Re: Preferred Flights modes for aerial photography
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 08:09:53 pm »
TheOtherCliff,

Thanks for the advice. Point taken.

I will follow your suggestion. I have no much time to go out and flight, crappy weather. Rain or too windy to flight and learn.

FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS