Simulation on librepilot
« on: July 01, 2017, 07:34:53 pm »
Hi

I need some help on a project.
I have a 250 quadcopter with a CC3D that I've configured on Librepilot.

The project consists in optimizing 2 things during a defined circuit :
- optimizing energy consumption
- optimizing speed (via PID settings, rate of yaw, pitch and roll in each turn etc..)

So I have a couple of questions :

1) How to save the settings of each flight ? (like the percentage and scopes of everything)
2) Can I simulate a certain circuit on Librepilot ? If not what should I use ? (I'll certainly use MatLab or Solidworks otherwise)

Ps : If you have any idea to improve this project it'd be great help for me. Also I'm looking for some scientific documents on "drones" and quadcopters to make a bibliography. (like thesis or things like that)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Simulation on librepilot
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 07:59:09 pm »
Hi, welcome.

CC3D do not have GPS navigation capabilities so that's difficult redo a defined circuit.

You can save flights using a log. Tools > Start logging
This implies you have a radio link between the quad and computer.
Revolution board can do that using a Oplink.

You can find some matlab files here: https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/src/1a4bb0cc5bef153e1acd8a31984ad5efc20ce7f1/matlab/?at=next

You will find some information (how to build, etc...) in developer section:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Developer+Manual

Anyways i'm not sure how you can improve energy consumption from software point of view, that's mostly motor/prop/weight theme.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 08:02:29 pm »
Tools -> Start Logging
will make a log file of all the telemetry.  Playing it back later (Connection: Logfile, press Connect, select the logfile) will look just like the live flight, including scopes.  You can add new scopes and see things you did not see the first time.  System page has some playback controls which are partly broken right now.

There is support to connect some flight simulators to LP so that you can fly and test flight code in a simulated environment.

For Revo class FC's there is also support for waypoint flight (Waypoint editor and PathPlanner flight mode) where you can define and fly a 3D course, including the speeds for the legs and circular arcs, etc.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 09:33:57 pm »
Thanks for the replies and your interest !

Alright I'll look up for an Oplink device, I checked some and it seems easy to use

Anyways i'm not sure how you can improve energy consumption from software point of view, that's mostly motor/prop/weight theme.

I was thinking to use different sets of props and the goal is to fly as long as possible (i.e. to improve the durability of the battery with different style of flying)
Do you think it'd be feasible ?

For Revo class FC's there is also support for waypoint flight (Waypoint editor and PathPlanner flight mode) where you can define and fly a 3D course, including the speeds for the legs and circular arcs, etc.

What is a "revo class fc" ?
Because it's exactly what I need : define a course and everything

I'll also look up for the support with flight simulators.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 11:10:48 pm »
Thanks for the replies and your interest !

Alright I'll look up for an Oplink device, I checked some and it seems easy to use

I was thinking to use different sets of props and the goal is to fly as long as possible (i.e. to improve the durability of the battery with different style of flying)
Do you think it'd be feasible ?

What is a "revo class fc" ?
Because it's exactly what I need : define a course and everything

I'll also look up for the support with flight simulators.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/OpenPilot+Revolution

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 11:18:51 pm »
So if I put a CC3D "revolution" on my quad, telemetry will be integrated in the fc ?

Like this one : https://www.banggood.com/fr/OpenPilot-CC3D-Revolution-Revo-10DOF-STM32F4-Flight-Controller-Staight-Pin-p-1000068.html

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 06:14:45 am »
Yes, and you will be able to use GPS flight modes.  CC3D cannot use GPS flight modes.