PaulO

Revo. Is it worth the upgrade?
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:27:08 am »
Hi all:

I have a CC3D. I was thinking of upgrading it to a Revo. Is it worth it? I asked at a store and was told it wouldn't make any difference. I've been looking on Youtube and it appears to make flying easier. I know it won't increase speed but having auto level and being able to add in a gps with auto return would be nice to have.

Also should I be thinking of a different flight controller? Or is Revo the best bang for the buck?

What's everyone's thoughts?

Re: Revo. Is it worth the upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:34:11 am »
If you want GPS things like RTB (RTH) or the very nice GPS flight modes or even non-GPS altitude hold or access to new features (e.g. AutoTune, new receiver modes, new telemetry modes, etc.) you want a Revo class FC.  If you want telemetry, you may as well go Revo (built in telemetry / maybe even RC control) as CC3D plus telemetry.

If you are just flying around close LOS or FPV, a Revo doesn't do much more.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:53:37 am »
From what I have read from your posts the past week or so. I think you would benefit the most by seat time(flying) and having your quadcopter tuned for your style/ needs/ preferences. When I got into this hobby I constantly wanted to buy the next hot item that would make my quad fly faster, farther, higher Better flight Control, beter.  Escs, faster motors, all those things make Me feel better when I buy Them. But they didn't make me a better pilot. Now I have a quad that is way crazy for my skill level. I was a mess flying it, I though i was going to crash every second I was in the air.  I   started small, Just learning to hover. Then  little  small Figure 8's. Now I am confident enough that im excited to go fly and I'm not scared im going to crash it every time i go out any more. I think that the YouTube videos look so good because the pilots flying them, not the equipment they are flying, they could make any frame, fight controller, esc, motor combo seem  amazing.  That just my opinion. Stick with it. And There is no reason why you can't buy more planes or multirotors to to practice on. Good luck

PaulO

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 03:37:08 am »
Thanks to both of you for your reply.

TheOtherCliff I will look into what you mention.

Wayne g you are very right. I have been working on my flying and it's slowly getting better. I have hover down reasonably. Next to work on the figure eights.

Thanks again for the help the people in this forum give.