Altitude on mwosd right but wrong when using ins
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:51:02 am »
Hello, when I use ins13 for gps navigation the osd shows 27 meters which is right(my flying spot is 27 meters above sea level) but would be better if it was 0 zero when I arm, when I change the to contemporary, osd show 0 and will display correctly the attitude when flying.

Is there any way to change it in ins13 show it display o instead of the  actual  height above sea level

Osd used is mwosd aeromax osd setup with gui 1.7 on chrome, FC revo, on fixed wing

Thank you for your help

Re: Altitude on mwosd right but wrong when using ins
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:01:22 am »
When you manually set the Home Location, you enter the altitude.

Click on OpMap where you want home location, then right click and select "Set Home Location".  Enter 27.  See whether that is close.  Reset it 26 or 28 or even 27.6 etc. till it is what you want.  It will vary a bit from day to day because the GPS varies, but it should be within +-1m or so.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 11:10:49 am »
If you enter the altitude manually the value will be also false because you didn't take in account the GeoID separation (WGS84 altitude needed)

Take a look at bottom page, the HomeLocation can be set automatically every time you power/get a fix.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setting+Home+location

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 05:33:03 pm »
Thank you both for your quick reply very much appreciated, yes I had not put the altitude right, f5soh I have now done what wiki.

Mwosd is working great now

Thank you for your help
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:48:38 pm by Hawkview »