n3il

New flight controller installation problems.
« on: June 11, 2017, 09:16:57 pm »
Hi, I'm VERY new to all this so I apologize in advance. I have a Storm SRD 250, and the flight controller was damaged after crashing. I ordered a new one but cant seem to get it to work. Its a CC3D evo. THe original was a SP racing with Clean Flight on it. I have got the new Flight controller set up but I can't get the transmitter set up to work at all! Is it because the settings on the transmitter are for CLean Flight? It says CLean Flight on the LCD screen of the transmitter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New flight controller installation problems.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 07:08:27 am »
It sounds like it came with CleanFlight on it.  This is the LibrePilot forum.  LP is a different "brand" of firmware for flying these things.  :)

It's kind of like your Mac computer hard drive failed and you have a replacement and you are asking for help on the Windows forum.  ;)  You can put Windows on your Mac, but is that what you wanted?  We can help you put LP on it, but generally don't know as much about CF as the CF folks do.

To further complicate the issue, you have a different FC (flight controller) than it came with.  LP doesn't officially support the SPRacing F3 (soon though) but we do support the CC3D.  Another issue is connectors.  I kind of doubt that the connectors that plug in the SPRacing FC will plug in the CC3D FC.  Do you know how to solder?  Soldering is almost a requirement, and especially so if you are changing the brand of FC in the quad.

Putting LP on it will be like building a copter from scratch.  It won't be just "drop it in and it flies".  There is setup and calibration to do, but LP makes that less painful than some.  Actually that will be true (setup and calibration needed) for CleanFlight as well ... unless you can get a default configuration file from the company that makes these quads, or from someone that has one.  I am perhaps making an invalid assumption that the SPRacing config will work on a CC3D controller.

So basically you have a several ways to go.  CF or LP.  CC3D or SPRacing F3.  I hate to say it, but you might be better served (e.g. connectors) by getting an exact replacement FC and using CleanFlight.

n3il

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:38:04 am »
THanks so much! You really know your stuff! I'm impressed. I contacted Helipal when buying the FC and asked how to get the exact FC I needed with all the settings on it already. THey replied with the link to the CC3D I have now and told me to add in the comment box when buying it to set it with SRD 250 settings which I did. BUt when getting this FC I quickly realized it was not set for CF so I tried to make it work. Now its all messed up to say the least. I really just need to do some homework and figure out what I'm dealing with. I believe my quad had S.bus and Oneshot on it. Now who knows! I think I might have really messed this thing up. THis being my second one. Lost the first one trying to see how high I could fly it. My friend egged me on! "Fly it higher bro" he said. Haha. Not  blaming him totally my fault and off topic. THis just isn't a cheap sport but I'm HOOKED!. Thanks for all your help I will be back with update "fingers crossed"

n3il

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:42:47 am »
Oh and I can solder. NOt great but decent. ALso I would go with whatever is quickest to get me back flying this thing. SO since I have this CC3D. I would like to give it a shot.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:26:23 am »
Higher! Higher! should be given the same response as  Lower! Lower! and Faster! Faster!

"When you bring yours out and equal what I already did."

It's annoying when a good pilot does something amazing, like a really low inverted pass and someone yells "Lower! Lower!", and you know the someone will keep yelling that every time (never satisfied) and they would never attempt it themselves.