Jhinta

Flight side log -> crashing board
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:03:24 pm »
Why is it that when i enable filght side log , my whole board is crashing .
I need to reflashe the whole nand to restore it.

cant rescue cant flash because from what i read is log dir get full and watchdog forcing board to reboot (by this loop log doesnt get wiped)
revo

Re: Flight side log -> crashing board
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 09:46:14 pm »
If the log ever gets corrupted you will have to flash and run resurrection firmware for a few seconds, then flash normal firmware again.  The typical way this gets corrupted is from flashing TauLabs firmware.  This is not to say that TL corrupts it, just that they use it differently and that is seen by LP/OP firmware as corruption.

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0

Jhinta

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 12:55:36 am »
If the log ever gets corrupted you will have to flash and run resurrection firmware for a few seconds, then flash normal firmware again.  The typical way this gets corrupted is from flashing TauLabs firmware.  This is not to say that TL corrupts it, just that they use it differently and that is seen by LP/OP firmware as corruption.

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0
I only use librepilot . just as soone as i open that setting window next boot is bootloop. Everything els is working. And never used TL

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 03:50:18 am »
Come to think of it, I do recall hearing about a bug in the flight side logs.

"Don't use it" and flash the resurrection firmeware to get it usable again.

Jhinta

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:48:44 am »
Come to think of it, I do recall hearing about a bug in the flight side logs.

"Don't use it" and flash the resurrection firmeware to get it usable again.
Iets already fixed , i flash the whole nand, i dont have a problemen getting it back to work. Just need the log for hystory .

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 06:49:49 pm »
I just updated tracking number LP-83 for this issue.

Mateusz

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 07:17:00 pm »

Flight side logging was not working for me back when I used OP, I lost track if that was ever fixed.
It was definitely bricking the board.

@Jhinta also keep in mind that once this is fixed, you cant log everything with that. The chip has limited memory and it takes lots of cpu cycles if you decide to log everything.

Jhinta

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 10:04:47 pm »

Flight side logging was not working for me back when I used OP, I lost track if that was ever fixed.
It was definitely bricking the board.

@Jhinta also keep in mind that once this is fixed, you cant log everything with that. The chip has limited memory and it takes lots of cpu cycles if you decide to log everything.

i know ,, but its juist for simpel things gps moost of it

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 01:01:55 am »
Just an FYI: because of the limited space onboard, we are considering OpenLog / BlackBox support.

Jhinta

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 11:35:45 pm »
Just an FYI: because of the limited space onboard, we are considering OpenLog / BlackBox support.

;D nice but only thing i have over is flexi-io pins , anyway looking forward to it.

Oulala69

• DIY 450 mini revo AIRGEAR 350 NEO-8N GCS 16.09-RC2
Re: logs -> crashing board
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 08:54:51 am »
GCS 15.09, Mini Revo BL:6

Damned ! i used "logs" (to check mag) and crash my mini Revo when erased logs (it erased everyhting...firmware and BL)...now i have a nice bootloop ! can not do anything...

Should insert a big WARNING in documentation

Waiting a FTDI board to set up the card...will see...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: logs -> crashing board
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:25 am »
when erased logs (it erased everyhting...firmware and BL)...now i have a nice bootloop ! can not do anything...

Really strange...
What the led behavior when you connect the board ?

hwh

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 05:14:37 pm »
If you have the blue led on for about 5 seconds and then it blinks off for about half a second, repeating over and over the bootloader is fine.

Go to the thread https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0 and download the fw_revolution_resurrect2-1.opfw attached to the first post.

Hook your board up and click rescue.  After a blink cycle it will go into rescue mode and you'll have a button "Open...", click it and select the fw_revolution_resurrect2-1.opfw file.  Click flash and it will flash the resurrection firmware onto the board.  Give it a few seconds after it reaches 100% and then click "Boot".  The board will boot up, connect to the GCS, and give you a "Firmware Version Mismatch" warning pop-up.  Click OK and then "Upgrade & Erase".  Once that finishes you'll be back to normal.

edit: It's been fixed in the next release.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:46:37 pm by hwh »

Oulala69

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 04:31:57 pm »
Yes very strange, and more strange the green led is no longer here ! the blue one is blinking slowly...but at the end nothing... i tried rescue process off course but nothing...
i will try to flash with fw_revolution_resurrect2-1.opfw
Thank you guys

Oulala69

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 06:39:44 pm »
Yes ! flashing the fw_revolution_resurrect2-1.opfw and the board is back. thank you very much  :)

I keep the firmware or i update it when lunching GCS 15.09 ?

In advance thank you