davidj

Noob lots of problems
« on: June 06, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »
Just getting back into Quads after acquiring a new Taranis. I have an eachine Racer 250 (CCD3). I had this working fine previously on a DX8 and Openflight so I know it was OK. I firstly installed the latest (yesterdays) Librepilot, did the firmware update and went through the setup process, all seemed fine until I got to the transmitter setup, I'm using a Frsky 7BR7-2 reciever. It wouldn't find the flight mode switch or any accessory switch, I therefore hit next on each occasion. When I got through to the end GUI reflecting the stick movements none were displayed as moving however in configuration - remote control input they all showed to be working. Not sure whats going on??
ALSO
The flight Data looking at The horizon when I move the craft left I see the opposite side. Up/Down is fine. The USB is at the rear so assume the controller is the right way around.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Noob lots of problems
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »
"backwards" for horizon is normal.  think about how the horizon would look if you were inside the craft.

if sticks are detected but switches are not, then it is probably a transmitter setup issue.  you must tell the transmitter to put that switch on a channel.

davidj

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:46:33 pm »
Surely the attached image is not correct?
Also if I am not seeing the sticks move in the GUI but they do appear to be working when I view inputs, what would cause that?

Thanks

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 06:13:53 pm »
It is though.  :)

Think about being inside the aircraft with it banked way left side.  Your left ear is touching the ground and your left eye sees more ground than your right eye does.

I know there is a big lag in how the GCS sees the sticks sometimes.  Where are the sticks not moving?  HiTL tab?

davidj

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 06:01:57 pm »
Sorry you are right of course - hope Im not the first to get caught out on that!! :-\
Ok thats one part resolved the sticks are clearly a bigger issue.
I follow the transmitter setup wizard and all goes ok (in as much when I move the sticks the green bar recognises activity, it reports PWN and the correct channel number, all four do that OK).
When I get to the Flight mode switch and accessory switch it does not see them at all (I have set them up in my Taranis following a Youtube clip) so I just click next and move to the stick centre screen. Despite the green bar recognising movement, the GUI shows the sticks stationary.
The HITL also shows no movement.
Appreciate your advice.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 06:41:25 am »
Are you using PWM for your receiver connection?  If you are sure you have configured the transmitter correctly to use that switch and put it on e.g. channel #5 (and that it's configured to move a non-zero amount when you move the switch, I recall there is a number in there I had to fiddle with), try plugging the "extra" channels into a different place on the receiver.  Plug servos into the PWM receiver connectors and find which one moves when you flip the FMS.

davidj

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 07:18:52 pm »
Really appreciate your patience and help. I got there in the end. It was due to the fact that I didn't realise you need to set up switches. Many thanks.