Motor
« on: May 27, 2017, 04:41:09 pm »
If when you plug the battery in the quad if you touch a prop or the nut on top while it's beeping and moving the motors back and forth would that cause the motor to burn up. Or in my case burn though the one of the wires to the stator. Just thinking trying to figure out why

Re: Motor
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 04:49:37 pm »
I can't imagine that you touching it caused it to burn up.

Usually caused by one of two things:
- Some of the three motor wires are touching metal to metal like bare bullet connectors are touching.
- Bad connection in one of three motor wires (bad bullet solder joint usually, but it can be a bad motor or bad ESC too) is like one wire is disconnected.  This makes the motor just jitter and jump a little when you try to start it.  It looks like it will run if you just give more throttle.  You give more throttle and it burns out because of the missing connection (ESC tries really hard to make it start when it won't).  If you ever see it jitter when you give a little throttle, do not give more throttle just to get it to start.  If it doesn't start normally with just tiny amount of throttle, there is a problem to be found and fixed or you could burn a motor/ESC.

Re: Motor
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 07:38:03 pm »
Every thing happened so quikly. But  I think something along those lines happend.  the thing I don't get is I flew one pack the day before put it up and when I went to fly the next day boom. . I got the replacements but should I wait until I get the new ESC in too