CC3D - Unable to Connect - Frustrated
« on: May 08, 2017, 03:14:45 pm »
So I bought a new CC3D
When I power it - it has a solid blue (power) and blinking Yellow (status)
When I connect to a Windows 7 machine - it gets recognized as a USB Input Device - I expect that it will get recognized as a Virtual Com Port.
As such I can not connect it to any GCS (Open Pilot 15.02.02)
I tried uninstalling the driver so that I can force Windows to load a Virtual Com Port Driver (I downloaded the Virtual Com Port Driver from STM).  If I uninstall - Windows forces it back to a USB input device.

So basically I have a CC3D that Windows thinks is a USB input Device and as such I can nit talk to it.
Tried multiple computers.

Could it be that the board has wrong firmware.  Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:17:59 pm by ONEGUYINDC »

Re: CC3D - Unable to Connect - Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 05:57:11 pm »
Have you tried another USB cable. That can be the problem sometime. Have you tried with the gcs running as well as not running?

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 10:08:42 am »
First of all, the GCS brand (OpenPilot or LibrePilot) and version number needs to match the firmware in the CC3D.  Second, to run the current version of LP, you may need to update your CC3D bootloader.  Third, when you install OpenPilot or LibrePilot, it automatically installs the needed Windows drivers and you shouldn't need to install other drivers.  If you installed or removed drivers after installing the GCS, you may want to reinstall the GCS to fix the drivers.

If you bought an RTF quad that has OP on it, then it is probably a good idea to download the matching version of OP, and install and run it.  That gets you in the air and flying so you can at least test it to make sure it works before diving into learning how to set it up from scratch like you would if you started over with LP.

If you are building your own quad you probably want to start with LP because OP is a dead project.

jcg1541

• Phones, Networks, And The Red Pill
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:48:31 am »
Since you have taken the red pill by buying a cc3d board, the epitome of open source,  I believe that you will abandon windows all together sooner or later. Use Ubuntu LTS , and you will get a very smooth user experience. The stm32 ftdi is standard Linux driver.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 05:52:00 am »
Try  starting the processes with the board unplugged . board unplug click rescue  and the follow the instructions. Then open and find the boot loader you downloaded previously.. open that and flash n boot it then unplug board and click upload and erase then it will tell you  to plug in and that should do the trick or at lease that's how I got mine to work or something like that. I just followed the directions from the librepilot manual

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 04:41:54 pm »
make sure you don't skip the "flash and boot it"