Zrisst

Altitude Issue
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:38:17 am »
I'm trying to obtain a consistent altitude hold/vario but I have troubles configuring auto thrust. Documentation Is not still implemented, so... Can anyone explain the settings? (or a link)
I'm almost new to PID's so I'm trying to get it.
Algunos salían a buscar la inmortalidad con tanta intensidad que no volvían.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (de los pilotos de prueba).

xpantz

Re: Altitude Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 12:24:09 pm »

Zrisst

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:56:38 pm »
I have read first and second link yet, third is like heaven... lot's of info thanks a lot.

Fourth is great... I've learned PID's fighting with an Alexmos BaseCam gimbal... (that's the bad way) so the info in that link lighten a lot my ideas.

But I still have questions...  ::)

In the tab I attached, I don't have a clear idea of the change of behaviour when changing Velocity Integral, Velocity derivative and Velocity Beta. I know more or less those concepts in gimbal stabilization (Except for Beta), but not sure how to apply that on altitude compensation. Specially why velocity Integral is by default 100.

:-\
Algunos salían a buscar la inmortalidad con tanta intensidad que no volvían.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (de los pilotos de prueba).

xpantz

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 03:16:20 am »
Maybe one of the other guys can answer.  I don't think I've ever seen any detailed explanation of exactly how that particular system works.

Mine seem to hold altitude well without touching that panel, so I've not played with it much.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 04:28:45 am »
Most people just leave the aLtitude PIDs alone.  If you want to play with them, I suggest you watch some PID tuning videos and adapt them to aLtitude.

You can get close by zeroing I and D and running P up till oscillation; backing P off and leaving it there; running I up till oscillation and backing that off.  If you have a little oscillation you can add some D to get rid of it or just leave D zero.