No Power to FS-IA6B Receiver from CC3D
« on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:28 am »
My Flysky FS-IA6B receiver is not receiving power from my CC3D flight controller.  The red LED light does not come on.  Any help would be VERY appreciated!

-  All 4 motors powered up in the setup wizard (where you move the bar until they first start spinning).
-  The CC3D chimes for about 3 seconds when plugging in the battery which leads me to believe there is no issue with it
-  Attached is a photo of the setup

Has anyone else ran into this problem or am I doing something wrong here?

Re: No Power to FS-IA6B Receiver from CC3D
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:51:37 am »
Receiver does not get powered if CC3D is only powered from USB.  Only the FC gets power when only USB is plugged in.

The chiming actually comes from the motors.  The ESCs play a tune that comes from the motors on power up.  That tune can tell you if it is getting a normal startup signal, an invalid startup signal, a "go to ESC calibration" startup signal, or no startup signal.

Re: No Power to FS-IA6B Receiver from CC3D
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:49:54 am »
TheOtherCliff- thanks for your response!  I think I figured out what's wrong.  I have opto ESC's which means power is not being supplied to the flight controller when the USB is not plugged in.  And as you mentioned, the USB does not power up the receiver.

I just purchased a UBEC that I will connect from the PDB to one of the open slots where I plug in the ESC's on the flight controller.  I'll know next week when I receive the UBEC whether this solves the issue.

Hope this helps another newbie out there like me :)