smark-

Position Hold POI
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:40:58 pm »
I can't seem to be able to test the autonomous flight mode because I can't get the POI working reliably. If I set POI to manual and switch to PH, then the quad holds position amazingly well, however if I set it to POI, the quad Yaws so violently that it falls off the sky. My Yaw rate is set to 200. Should I try to set it lower? Does the Cruise Control affect the Yaw? I have a pretty high power trim (120) and I'm concerned that could be the cause. Even when I manually Yaw the quad in Position Hold, the response is quite nervous.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Position Hold POI
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:55 pm »
Please post your config file
File > Export UAV settings

smark-

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:00:46 am »
Here it is, thank you for your support!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:31:40 am »
Try reducing also the "Max Rate Limit", next put really small values and see what happens.
Reduce the PID for Yaw using the same bank for all flightmodes.

With a well tuned and balanced quad you should not have the falling behavior while using Yaw.

smark-

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:41:25 am »
When you refer to the ""Max Rate Limit", do you mean the StabilizationSettingsBank1 > MaximumRate > Yaw ? I will also try to reduce the Proportional Gain for Yaw. Thank you once again!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 04:43:24 pm »
I think he means in the GUI:
Stabilization -> Advanced -> Settings Bank 1(2,3) -> Max Rate Limit
This makes all functions (roll/pitch/yaw) move more slowly

Problems like you have are usually caused by an imbalance somewhere.  CG not in center, different strength motors / props, ESCs not calibrated (or neutrals not correct).  Also, you should try disabling "pirouette compensation" on that same advanced page.

Yaw seems to be your main problem, so reducing the yaw PID is a good idea.  Also reducing the yaw max rate.

You set up an "Actuators" scope on the scope page and watch what happens when you yaw hard but just small enough to not go crazy.  What you should see before the yaw is all 4 motors working equally hard (all 4 lines in the same place).  At the beginning of the yaw, two lines should go up as a pair together and 2 lines should go down.

What you are going to see before and during the yaw is one or more motors working harder than the others.  That will at least tell you which motors are weak.

After disabling pirouette compensation, I would start with ESC recalibration (and neutrals), and moving the battery pack away from the weak motors so the stronger motors carry more weight (regardless of CG).

smark-

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:54:49 pm »
Limiting the Maximum Rate and tuning the Yaw PID did the trick. Today I've finally been able to fly "path planner". Thank you very much for your support!