Transmitter wont work
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:10:09 pm »
I just acquired a dlfpv race drone and built it. The problem is when I go through the setup wizard everything works fine up through the transmitter setup. My transmitter is a fly sky fs-th9x. I get through all the movement parts just fine, but when I get to the screen that says make sure your movement mimics the controller movement on the screen, I move my controller but nothing on the screen moves. I tried the manual setup but am unsure how it works. I have the controller set to basic flight for a plane but changed nothing else. When I go to try and use the drone I throttle up and nothing moves. PLEASE HELP!

Re: Transmitter wont work
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:44 pm »
You have two problems.
When the setup wizard does not move where you described, you just assume it does move and carefully follow the instructions to move each control to max.  I recall this is an issue that happens if you skip over the flight mode switch setup (maybe because you have a 4 channel radio).

There is a safety thing like a safety on a gun.  It is called arming,  It will not spin the props until it is armed.  The last part of the wizard takes you to the arming page, but you have to press Save when done.  To fix this, go to Configuration -> Input -> Arming, set it how you want it (some people use "low throttle" + "yaw right" because some other firmwares use this) and press Save.

To fly, plug the battery in and instantly set it down and motionless.  The LED will start flashing quickly.  When the LED stops flashing quickly (10 seconds or so), you can arm it and then the motors will respond.