CC3D/No beeps
« on: May 15, 2017, 02:52:17 am »
hi I have a zmr250 with cc3d atom and 4 bl heli esc and when ever I plug it in it wont beep at all and I know I have power because all of my leds turn on and the cc3datom turns on and its lights turn on and everything is soldered correctly and it is not beeping and I cant calibrate my esc now.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: CC3D/No beeps
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 07:59:39 pm »
Won't beep at all...

Most ESCs (including BLHeli firmware) have some beeps when they get powered up, regardless of what signal they are getting.  If the signal is "normal motor off" you get normal startup beeps.  If the signal is "full throttle" you get ESC calibration beeps (followed by programming beeps for some brands of firmware).  If the signal is in between, you get crazy klaxon error beeps.  If there is no signal at all, you get a lost model beep.

So I would start by measuring the voltage going into the ESC at the thick battery leads.

Some "Opto ESCs" actually require receiving 5v power over the servo connector.

There was a version of BLHeli and a version of LP that did not like each other, and there are reports that it would finally beep and arm many minutes (1-15?) later.  You may try that and try searching the forum (and maybe even the wiki) for that.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 08:06:20 pm »
Thanks,does this effect when using the vehicle startup wizard?Becuase that's what I'm trying to do and set my motors to the right speed and all that and I cant get it to start up and beep so I can calibrate them.It says to plug my battery in and wait for the esc calibration beeps and it just never beeps

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:16:43 pm »
If motors are connected (they are the "speakers") then it will beep when you plug in power.  Even at the loudest, these beeps are not very loud in some setups.  I have some motors that I can barely hear when they don't have a prop on.  I have to put the motor up to my ear to make sure.

So one issue is that the beeps are very quiet when the props are off.  Put props on one motor and plug in the battery without doing anything else.  See if you can hear the beeps.