Easytune with DX7s
« on: December 26, 2015, 09:41:01 pm »
Merry Xmas everyone,
Can anyone shed some light on how to set up Txpid with DX7s Tx? I am new to this. Any help will be appreicated.
Thanks in advance.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Easytune with DX7s
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 11:10:00 pm »
You need to setup the rotating knob with one channel in your receiver, next redo the transmitter wizard for new channel detection on some Accessory input.

Looks like the is only one rotating knob in DX7s so you can't adjust Roll and Pitch at same time.

Take a look at this page for TxPid setup:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/TxPID

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:18:08 am »
Thanks for the tip. I am using the storm rc s603 6 channel rx. It has ppm. Do I have enu rx for the txpid and led control?
I am using pwm currently.
Thanks in advance

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 11:14:32 am »
If you use PPM you should have more then 6 channels if you DX7 can do more.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »
Thanks again.
The dx7s have 7 channels. I will give it a try.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 07:36:54 pm »
So all fine, you can get 7 channels and less wires ;)

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 11:11:39 pm »
Looks like there is only one rotating knob in DX7s
That's the new DX7's ....a the older ones don't have any knobs. So how would you do it in that case? Please, buy a new DX7 is not the answer :-)

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 09:57:15 am »
Looks like there is only one rotating knob in DX7s
That's the new DX7's ....a the older ones don't have any knobs. So how would you do it in that case? Please, buy a new DX7 is not the answer :-)
I don't know how your old (and good) DX7 works. I see buttons instead off roller to increase decrease values.
With the DX6 is possible to act the roller as a pot varying in real time the parameters of an appropriately programmed custom Mix. The mix should be something like Aux > Aux. Probably you can use the buttons instead.
Sorry, but not having the radio on hand I cannot be more accurate.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 09:10:44 pm »
The simple answer is to use OpTune the old way.  That will give you a UOV (or pair of UAV's if you test both roll and pitch).  Plug UOV's into OpTune calculator and out pop some decent PID's.  If you think it oscillates too much, pretend you have a lower UOV, generate more PID's, try again.  If it is too mushy (opposite of oscillation) do it the other way.

If you really wanted to use EasyTune, you could get creative.  Hang a second RC receiver on it with it connected to a second transmitter.  The throttle on the second RC would work great for that.

There are certainly some more creative ways to do it too, but I suspect that most would call them "hair brained" more than "creative".  :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:14:29 pm by TheOtherCliff »