CC3D-no more beeps when I plug battery in
« on: May 03, 2017, 12:15:33 am »
Drone was flying great then a small crash (2 props lost). Next flight, no beeps when I plugged the battery in. Now, Libra pilot times out before connecting to the CC3D. Cant find anything broken or disconnected. ZMR250. Traveling and dont have a volt meter..any ideas?

Re: CC3D-no more beeps when I plug battery in
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 05:19:18 pm »
Any LED colors on CC3D so we know it is getting power?

In my country / area at least, many large department stores that have automotive or hardware department have cheap volt meters.

Do you remember (or can you look up) how your ESCs should beep if they have no signal?  I know my SimonK ESCs will do the "lost model beep" (one beep every 10 seconds or so) if they don't see a signal.  You could even unplug an ESC from the FC and see if the beeping changes.

Can you do anything with your charger?  You can at least make sure the battery is not damaged by trying to charge it.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 12:10:50 am »
I borrowed a multi-meter from a friend.

With the battery plugged in:
1) LED lights for night flying work fine.
2) battery is fully charged (12.4) volts at the posts.
3) No power to the FCB when plugged in. However, for a minute I touched the terminals of the FCB to a 5 volt 2 pin auxillary that I added to the PDB when I built it. It powered up and even the Tx allowed me to run the motors.....but within seconds, I lost the 5 volts as well to the the pins.
4) Input to the 5 volt regulator is 12.4, output is 0 now. But, im getting 5 volts to all the ESC terminals (white/black)
5) getting 5 volts at the NAZE on the PCB.
6) Attaching just the CC3D to Libra pilot does (green light stays on, blue light blinks about once per 2 seconds) but I cant connect to it in wizard.

Arg, I had problems when I first built it, replaced the FCB....no problem. Now I cant tell if I have a FCB or volt regulator issue....not sure how to test. I do believe with the 11.7 Volt battery hooked up I should get 5 volts out of the regulator....I think.

Thanks for your help.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:20:29 am »
If I have to, I can solder the 5 volt pin connector to the PDB NAZE area to get the 5 Volts, but not sure if that is a good idea. There is a problem. Im also not sure if the FCB (CC3D) has an issue or if Libre Pilot/sorftware/PC connection to FCB is another story.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 02:10:11 am »
Thanks Cliff, I got it....my solder joint on the 5V regulator connecting it to the PDB lost connection. Those little boards are a pain to solder and obviously my last hard landing broke the joint. Thanks for you help.