mookie

Great Flight today
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:17:12 pm »
Had a great flight today.
Using a robocat with sparky 2, ublox 8, onboard mag.
I connect to the quad with the following setup Microsoft surface 3 > Bluetooth > Oplink > Sparky 2
Tuned the quad to get a good stabilisation on bank 1, then flew Altitude Hold, which worked pretty well out the box.
Flew a RTB, which worked well, took a bit of time to realise there is a setting to make it land.
Then tried some way points, which also worked well. Had to raise the Altitude above the PFD Alt, which was at 80 so raised it to 90 which gave a 10 meter altitude above the ground.
The only problem of the day was changing the VTOLPATHFOLLOWER yaw from manual to path which was fine until the quad had to do a 180 degree turn to come back along the Path, it turned so fast it upset the quad which came down in some long grass no real damage.
Is there a setting to slow the rate of yaw in path follower mode. If there is i would be grateful for any help.
all in all a great first flight with Librepilot  ;D

malc

Re: Great Flight today
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:07:19 pm »
 Great to hear that your setup worked out, I am putting a Robocat together also, using the Revo.  Which Ublox 8 did you use?

mookie

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 01:44:20 pm »
The gps is a clone ublox 8 although i dont know really which one it is, i was getting 17-18 sats and running it at 10hz.
This is the one http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/ublox-8-small-72-channel-gps-and-glonass-receiver-module-for-naze-32

i off to try and slow the yaw rate in path follower today.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »
I think I recall someone is putting a setting in to reduce yaw speed only in VtolPathFollower.

I guess you are trying to reduce "Rate Mode Response" and "Max Rate Limit" on yaw.  Let us know how that works.  :)

mookie

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 04:07:26 pm »
Hi cliff, great work on getting sparky 2 on Librepilot.

I have 3 of them and so far 2 are on Librepilot.

I turned down the max yaw and clamped it at 100 then down to 60 which works ok, then i lowered the lean angle on both
Aileron and elevator. It works ok but still needs tuning.

I'm off down the field this week. I did get some video from one of the other club members at our field, which when i get a chance  i will post.

malc
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:34:35 pm by mookie »