Please, please help goolrc 210
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:33:14 pm »
So i got myself the goolrc 210 put a full charge in my battery and left everything from librepilot as stock pids and in every mode the quad oscillates like crazy and when i throttle down to cut the motors it just flipped like a total lunatic. I don't understand the pid numbers at all :/ why in clean flight do they have two numbers to adjust but on librepilot the number is (0.0250) and so on. Has anyone got a 210 size quad and can share pids so i can get an idea of what people are running? Should acro mode be rate rate rate? Or rattitude like i keep hearing about.
I hope someone can help me. Everything is stock. Stock ESC and stock motors
Esc are unknown
Motors are mt2204 2300kv

Mateusz

Re: Please, please help goolrc 210
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:02:05 pm »
First of all, default PIDs are such that they should work on most quads. If they don't then you need to tune them, but you can't just copy PIDs from another software.
LibrePilot is using dual-loop PID controller and some values might be scaled differently in GCS. It is definitely not exchangeable value between different firmwares.
Here is movie that explains what PIDs are visually

To tune PIDs you can use EasyTune by setting knob on your transmitter to output to specific channel, then in GCS you bind that channel with accesory 0,1 etc.. and you can use that in EasyTune module. It's explained on Wiki. It's a bit easier than tunning P,I,D for all roll,pitch,yaw separately. If you have Revo board, you can try Autotune, but you have to check final PIDs if they make sense and are not too high.