Oplink mini
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:33:44 pm »
Does any one here use there 433mhz  oplink or the mini as a form of Radio control  as the main form of flying their craft? if so can you give me a piece of your mind about it? It sounds intriguing. Like how good it is at penetrating trees and other objects that can find themselves in the path between me and me bird. Thank you for your time

Re: Oplink mini
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 10:39:18 pm »
I'm going to make a wild guess that about 5% of the people here fly with OpLink as RC on at least some models.  I have plans for one, but haven't got there yet.

433mhz punches through trees and such better than the same amount of power on 2.4ghz, but if you want real penetration use 35mhz to 72mhz (whatever is legal in your country).  The problem with these low frequencies is that they (the receiver) needs a long antenna, and it can't be coiled up.

Brunosanta

• I understand it all but know nothing
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:05:33 pm »
Im sure the other cliff will have an idea as usual
I  am experiencing some problems with my oplink mini, basically I considered that the one that came with my board was damaged cause I could never get a coneccting after updating to version 15.9 - then 16.9 and still not working. I bought a second one, it worked but as soon as I started changing the settings, it would never connect to the receiver again.
I found the other cliff answers with the rescue firmware, I did install it, then the erase and upgrade, out of 10 times I get the oplink connecting to the receiver ( revolution board) 2 or three times, and many times the connection bar goes blue and off, and the status blinks connected and disconnected.
when I get fixed connection, I can see telemetry as well as load OAV settings wirelless, but then I change speed lets say on the oplink, done, I can never use the connection again. I hope my explanation is well detailed, and maybe someone has a similar issue and knows how to fix it. One extra detail, when I flash new firmware and start changing from dissble to enable channels power etc, the first time I click save the button goes grey and fixes the green check, after a few changes  ( whe the problem happen) although I restart the oplink and see the changes stick, the save button behaves funny, it is as if it is just clicking and back but this long saving from before is not happening. thank you.

About using the Oplink as ppm, I did it with the turnigy 9X .. I also made an arduino controller to PPM and used the oplink, and it also worked well ( when my oplink worked).
Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »
There are two issues you should know about.

There is a bug where whenever you export UAV settings via RF it saves the GCS oplink settings into the file (not the Revo built in oplink settings).  Whenever you import settings to the Revo class board, the GCS oplink gets the settings from the file.  The work around is to never save settings (FC to file) or load settings (file to FC) via RF.  Always do it via USB.

A stand alone OpLink (on ground connected to GCS or in air connected to e.g. CC3D) needs to be flashed with the same version as the GCS and the FC to work perfectly.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 12:22:42 am »
I used to fly with my oplink mini all the time. Its pretty awesome. Pretty easy to setup as long as you match all the settings. What do you want to know about it?