High throttle and no yaw with oscilations CC3D
« on: March 04, 2017, 03:22:02 pm »
Hi, im new to this board. Im quite new with drones as well as my first drone was a racing one powered by a naze32. So I recently bought a drone (frame was homemade) but I could still fly it and did it only once. I the bought a frame (500mm alien v2) and installed all the things on it. Opened up open pilot to pair the reciever for the first time and went to fly. I got a lot of throttle at the start. When I push the throttle only 2 motors engage at the start and after the throttle is on 50% other 2 begin to spin. The drone tilts to whatever side it wants and if I wouldnt correct it it would probably crash. I get some oscilations as well. I have 0 yaw (cant turn it) and when I push it to yaw the drone just decellarates and lowers the attitude (motors spin slower). The quad is really weird to fly and the throttle is over sensitive as well. My board is CC3D as I said, controler is sanwa SD-5G . I would like to get it running smoothly as fast as possible. I really enjoy flying drones and I really want to fly this big bird because the racer is getting fixed (new motors :D) Thank you

Re: High throttle and no yaw with oscilations CC3D
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:29:51 am »
This thread probably needs to be moved to Users / VehicleMultiRotor

You possibly have several issues and to start with you should:
- take extras like cameras and gimbals off till you get it flying
- balance your props (not optional :) )
- calibrate your ESCs and set your motor neutrals https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/ESC+Calibration
- take off from flat ground and don't run the motors up slowly, run them up quickly and take off immediately

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:27:27 pm »
Sorry for late reply - I dont have any gimbals and cameras yet on the drone, props are balanced and im not sure how to calibrate escs because I've got 4x20a 4in1 esc ..

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:17:27 am »
That calibrates just like individual ESCs.  :)

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 05:16:10 pm »
I calibrated them, I think that there is a problem on my sanwa... The throttle just goes to full right away even when the calibration was done (the motors have been spinning normaly there) So I really dont knoe ehat the problem is...

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 07:12:26 pm »
I switched the co troller and the reciever. Calibrated esc as well, ill go into open pilot now and set the new controller because its doing same stuff... Throttle is gradually going up at low throttle and it keeps spinning...

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 02:19:35 am »
It is normal for some motors to spin faster and faster at low throttle, sitting on the ground.  It is trying to get level and the motors are not moving the quad, so it tries harder and harder.  You need to take off immediately, before they get spinning faster.