zukenj

Set Failsafe with low battery
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:11:57 pm »
Sorry, I looked all over, and did not found information.

Is there a way to set up land when a low battery alarm triggers?

Thanks
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

Mateusz

Re: Set Failsafe with low battery
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:50 pm »
There is code Alessio merged into next doing that, but afaik it's not yet in release so it might be not document yet for that reason. Usually someone writes wiki as soon as feature is in released stable version. It would probably be confusing otherwise.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 03:30:11 am »
As far as I know, Landing is a GPS mode.  I would expect the auto landing on low battery to require a GPS.  Your signature did not show a GPS.

zukenj

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:23:16 pm »

TheOtherCliff: Sorry about that, adding my Tomtom car GPS to my signature.

Just kidding. :)

I have a M8N Naza Clone GPS:
http://www.banggood.com/Ublox-M8N-GPS-Compatible-with-DJI-NAZA-Lite-V1-V2-Flight-Controller-Phantom-1-2-Vision-p-991718.html?p=1511203511683201601F

Mateusz:
I compiled the Next, I will poke arround and take a look at this.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:31:44 pm by zukenj »
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:16 pm »
Mateusz:
I compiled the Next, I will poke arround and take a look at this.
Thanks

Obviously I assumed you are talking about autonomous flight modes which require all sensors functional and position hold working perfectly. Feature autoland for fast moving racer which usually relies only on gyro (sometimes also accel) is in most cases impossible (you need to stop vehicle usually moving/racing at very high velocity and hold position accurate enough and it would probably crash multiple times before slowing down).

To enable optional battery module you will have to go to configuration UAVBrowser (screenshot 1). This is explained on Wiki how to add voltage&current sensor by the way (for more details) and also how to calibrate voltage sensing accurately. If you want to calculate coefficients on your own as I tried, be aware that current sensor is reasonably accurate when pulling more amps (motors spinning) when it's low < 1A current flow, it might not match exactly your multi-meter if you would put it between battery. Maybe use default values from table and see if that works for you :) It does with AttoPilot sensor.

Enabling battery module will enable (disable earlier and greyed out options) for setting flight mode on battery voltage drop (screenshot 2).

Hope that helps :)

zukenj

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 09:16:39 pm »
Mateusz, Thanks for your reply.

I do have the sensor and calibrated, so the Battery module is enable. I guess that the Voltage alarm can be set in the UAVBrowser, I'll look in to it.

Thanks again
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers