karla

Re: My LibrePilot VTOL TiltRotor FixedWing
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 05:42:23 am »
 8)

karla

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 08:52:41 am »
tried re-calibration with wires that intend to use.
tried all possible update rates in the output screen 490 down to 50 as well as the oneshot etc

Right motor always work and left motor never starts.
So now I will replace for a new BLHeli and try again.

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2017, 08:57:54 am »
both motors still work normally when using shorter signal wires?

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2017, 09:00:19 am »
Regardless of the length of the wire, it sounds like one of them is broken and the other is OK.

karla

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2017, 09:34:39 am »
yes agree. Its soldered on now.
Ready for a test later on.

I no longer have the option to check if short wires work or not.

karla

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2017, 09:48:20 am »
ran the set up ESC calibration with a brand new ESC out of the box and the result is the same. don't spin.
I will mount a new motor on to it. If that don't work I will resign from this :(

karla

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2017, 11:04:58 am »
Mounted the last motor I had, and it behaved just the same.
pretty low feeling now guys

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2017, 04:53:27 pm »
Do these motor/esc combos work on other models? I have had motors that just don't work well with certain escs. Just confusing that they both worked fine with shorter signal wires correct? Try different output pins from the revo? Try different lipo. I know how aggravating it can be when you can't find the solution! Hang in there

karla

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:34 am »
Motor/esc are sunnysky/Blheli and works well on two other quads for me. However, similar problems have occurred before when setting them up. At then I just assumed I did some bad soldering and messed up some of those small fragile looking little things on the esc. Yes they did work initially with the (signal) cables they came with. After trying different update settings now they may not work anymore. Yes I will try some of that also another brand of esc, if I can find one lying around.

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2017, 10:17:57 am »
My bet is that there is something still wrong with the wiring.

Signal wires, power wires...

Maybe swap the two ESC servo connectors around and see if the bad side starts to work.  I bet the bad side stays bad.

Do you know you are getting power to the bad ESC?  Does it beep?  Do they both beep if you unplug the ESC servo connectors and plug the battery in?

Do you have all your output banks set to the same protocol and speed?

karla

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2017, 02:57:47 pm »
Okay I will bet you - just to make it more interesting. Will resolder the wires.
But one thing while i am at it - Is it really necessary to have both the signal and ground wire to the ESC?
(they already have ground from the power wires)

I have one quad where I never did bother with the ground and its working fine (same type of motors and ECS).
Yes, they have power and beep, both of them.
Yes, output same protocol and speed.
and I have checked the wires for continuity with voltmeter.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:06:07 pm by karla »

Mateusz

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2017, 03:58:27 pm »
But one thing while i am at it - Is it really necessary to have both the signal and ground wire to the ESC?
(they already have ground from the power wires)

I am not an electrical engineer but signal alone might work just fine, though I would still connect "ground" which is your reference 0 voltage. If you have more than one regulator or more voltage sources these zero voltage references might differ. I use the rule "better safe than sorry" ;)

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2017, 06:03:41 pm »
Not necessary to resolder if you tested them with a meter from one end to the other.  Maybe you soldered in the wrong place somewhere?  Maybe the ESC servo connector is plugged in upside down?

Did you try just swapping the ESC servo connectors such that left is plugged into right's place at the FC and right into left's?  It would be good to know for sure whether the problem is with the ESC or the FC.

I recommend leaving all three ESC servo connector wires intact, but for most setups it should not be a problem.

I can imagine there could be a problem if your ESCs control section is isolated from the power section and you left out some wires.  Opto ESCs may be isolated like that, requiring all three wires (including getting power from the receiver or FC on the red wire) to work.

karla

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2017, 03:53:15 am »
Thank you all for attention and helping!

It seemed that after I redid the radio transmitter calibration, then both motors starts and run just fine.
I really don't see how that has anything to do with it :o
But I have made no other changes to motors, wires, LiPos, fc output ports etc

B t w they don't start all times without the ground wire connected to the ESCs signal connectors. So I will keep that wire even-though it would be much nicer with only 6 wires (2 x 3-wire servo cables) than 7 wires running from the fc out on the wings to the tilt rotor houses.
I hope they don't break down so I finally can move on with this build.

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2017, 04:04:25 am »
glad to hear it! keep us posted.