Que

cc3d not recognized by LP
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:39:14 pm »
What I did was to try and load betaflight onto my cc3d FC. When I had no success in making it work I tried to reload the firmware for LP. Now I can't even get the connection lights at the bottom of the GCS lit in LP. The board doesn't flash just solid lights. OK sometimes when I plug it in it flAshes a slow blue. I can do a rescue and the board pic will show up on the GCS but as soon as I reconnect nothing shows up. No connection lights at the bottom or anything else. The GCS just doesn't see anything.
 I've exhausted my search perimeters at this point, nothing I've seen covers this.
Thanks in advance,
Que 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:49:27 pm by Que »

Mateusz

Re: cc3d not recognized by LP
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:54:13 am »
I think betaflight uses different bootloader, but who knows what their firmware did. Perhaps you disconnected too soon and corrupted bootloader I don't know. Maybe not easiest way but clean way is to flash bootloader+firmware image called (ef_*.Bin) where star is your board firmware. "EF" stands for entire flash and contains both compatible bootloader​ and firmware. Whereas "BIN" extension is the  a firmware in raw format which can't be flashed with  a GCS but needs dfu-utils. Doing that to CC3D requires uart-usb adapter as far as  I recall and soldering SBL pads to enter programming mode than desoldering(Revo can use USB). I would fix problem this way. Detailed instructions you need to search but it's removing everything on MCU and flashing what should be there (clean way). Maybe there is easier fix for your problem but consider this as an option.

Que

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 01:21:09 pm »
Thank you Sir! That did the trick...now to save this page in case of future bonehead mistakes of mine. :)

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 01:58:17 pm »
The thing is that firmware works under specific bootloader. You can flash firmware that boots with LP bootloader and flashes it's own bootloader once it's started. It needs some time.
If you interrupt that, you need to recover with SBL method. I would think betaflight has such a bootloader replacing firmware, but just a guess. LP does have something like this as well for updating version of bootloader. I find this all complicated and always just flash the whole damn thing ef*bin file which has both firmware and bootloader latest and compatible version :)

Glad it solved your problem :)