jubjub

Motor reduced max power for safety. Is this acceptable?
« on: March 31, 2017, 01:20:29 pm »
Dear community,
   I have built a drone following the steps needed.
   ESC (E-TECH SimonK) calibrated manually through the motor tab (motors min=1000, max=2000).
   Neutral speed for motors was set up.
   Tuned the PIDs with TxPID AutoTune with transmitter knobs.
   All work OK.
   Because i am afraid for the power that my drone may have, after finishing all the settings, i reduced the max power of all motors down to 1580 (max).
   The drone and flied OK, not very powerful but it is flying and i am able to tune the drone PIDs with the transmitter knobs.
   So, when i will get more confident with my drone behavior can i put the motor maximum back to (1970 = 2000-30) it will be ok? Or shall i need to make any other settings?

Thank you very much.

Re: Motor reduced max power for safety. Is this acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 03:23:25 am »
There are better ways to make it less powerful.  I would use the throttle curve on the vehicle page instead.  Make the line less steep but leave the lower left dot where it is.

Another way is to put smaller props on it, but that does not help if you are afraid of the motor cutting you since motor would still run at full speed.

jubjub

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:07:51 am »
Thank you very much for your advice.
I did it wrong way, hehehehe. I will start using the curve.

Thanks a lot.

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:04:56 am »
You can add camera for more weight as well, but PIDs with heavier copter are not the same as with lighter one. Throttle curve is best. If you start flying rate you can have a look into expo for roll pitch yaw to make the see a softer in center and super aggressive at full stick deflection. But for throttle just throttle curve.

jubjub

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:15:28 am »
Hmmmmm,
   i see. more weight, behavior changes.
   I am already planning to put an Eachine FPV camera with a minimOSD and use Eachine Goggles for flying.
   I will check about my quad behavior after adding 5-6 grams of more weight.

Thanks again.