idle up
« on: March 27, 2017, 03:51:24 pm »
Hello all,
I have setup several helicopters (about 15).
I am trying to setup a CC3D on a wltoys v950
I am using a brushed esc for the tail motor.

In all my previous helicopters, I have setup on the transmitter several curves and several flight modes.
Flight modes :
- normal
- idle up 1 (low rates)
- idle up 2 (high rate)

curves :
for each flight mode
- throttle curve
- pitch curve

so 6 curves

I don't understand how curves work with librepilot.
Could you please explain ?

Thanks

Benoit

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: idle up
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 01:50:16 am »
Throttle first:
The helicopter will do what you want with throttle. I run three different goverened speeds with my CC25a ESC for sport,  IU1 and IU2

Pitch:
Did you see throttlecurve2 ??  >> -1.0,-0.5,0,0.5 ,1.0 that gets you what you need for set-up and calibration.BTW any LP calibrations set everything in TX to factory defaults. --no expo, rudder or tail mix, trim, etc. 0 -- 100 throttle and pitch in TX for calibrating.

Set pitch on your TX before you fly. Setup normal pitch curve; on a 100 point scale with zero = full negative pitch and 100 = full positive pitch. My normal  (sport) curve is usually 45, 47, 50, 75, 100.

Play with it plenty on the bench to be sure that it gets the pitch you want. Just don't arm the motor!   

I hope that helps.
Dave
Happy Landings!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:01:43 pm »
Hello Dave, thank you for the answer.
Sorry I didn't anderstand.
In your setup do you have also (at least) 2 fly modes : normal and inverted (allowing to use reverse pitch) ?

In the previous helicopter FBL controlers I used (kbar, copterx, tarot zxy), the curves were fully managed by the TX. The FC was only a pass through.
Is it still the same with librepilot ?
I have seen 2 curves, but I don't understand what they do.

For throttle : how do you configure librepilot ? Is the throttle output mapped directly on the throttle input ? How do you configure ?
For pitch : I saw "collective pass through". Should I check it in order to let the TX be the master for managing the pitch curves ?
if you have screen shots of the tricky points, I am sur I have not check properly every marks...

Benoit

Thanks

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 03:14:03 pm »
Curve2source sets the collective:

There are three flight modes on my TX== Normal (sport), IU1 and IU2. They use the throttlecurve2 to set pitch. Normal in my TX is 45, 47, 50, 75 and 100 for pitch. IU1 and IU2 both use 0 ,25 , 50, 75, 100 where 50 is zero pitch. zero is full negative and 100 is full positive pitch. Your TX can set pitch limits and expo.

Flight modes are NOT to be confused with LP stability modes. LP stability modes allow different PID settings and different presets such as : Rate, Attitude, Axis Lock, Acro+. I tune and fly in Rate mode mostly with  Axis Lock on the rudder.

Collective pass through must be checked. If you use the "Vehicle Setup " page particularly the bed leveling routine be aware that you must 'Jerry save' otherwise your servos will freeze. Jerry Save== save once with '3 servos 140 degrees' and then save again with "3 servos 120 degrees"

I can help with one issue at a time but sorry I don't have screen shots documentation.

Maybe that helps. call ( Dave 720-4zero1-2897)  or PM and I might be able to help better.
Happy Landings!

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 11:22:21 am »
Hello
yes "Curve2source sets the collective" was my mistake.
I manage to configure the CC3D the way i wanted and everything behave the way it should, including the tail brushed motor. But I have tested only on the ground : the cc3d I have has an hardware issue, it does not apply the save command.... and neveretheless it is also to big to fit in my wltoys v950 fuselage.

I have order an atom cc3d, lets wait 3 weeks...

My concern is how will the tail behave in fly... I will see
Thank you for your help

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 01:00:49 pm »
Maybe it's armed!

It won't save if the motors are armed. That's  another reason why "always armed" is a hassle. Try arming with "throttle off & and full right rudder" .  Disarm when you want to save.
Happy Landings!